PDA

View Full Version : "America Remembers"

Kosh
09-07-2006, 09:04 AM
This video is a joint effort between Avitordave and I for the sole purpose to remember those that have fallen on 9/11. Its something I have thought about and just had to make some time to complete with Dave's help.:)
I made 3 versions with the first 2 just being too graphic for my tastes so it was toned down a bit.:eek:
The video is not political but is pro American so if that may offend you please don't waste your time loading it. Sorry dialup guys, I couldnt make it smaller and keep the sound. Please do the right click thing and many thanks to America's armed forces for keeping us safe. :)

Update: Added embedded video to make it easy.

Broadband: http://www.cascadeap.com/AR.wmv 38.4MB

Dialup: http://www.cascadeap.com/ARa.wmv 7.37MB

v=ZHSd7CqNFTk

aviatordave
09-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Very Nice Kosh. Well laid out and a perfect tribute to those fallen and affected by 9/11/01 to now and the future. Thanks for your work on this as I hope many people will view this, hence the victims are 'Not forgotten'.

As the 5 year anniversary of the attack on freedom approaches, I would also like to extend my thoughts and thanks to those serving who are protecting us.

Dave

aviatordave
09-12-2007, 02:57 AM
Bump

Remember 6 years ago today....

firemanbill
09-12-2007, 03:07 AM
Yes I remember 6 years ago today. I lost 343 brothers in those towers that day. They gave their all to save those they could and died trying to save the rest.

My only wish is that I was still physically able to serve in the USAF. I would have returned to duty that day if they would have let me...

I would still return today if I could.

and yeah... I'm still pissed!:mad:

Nice work guys.

I only wish folks would remember this day more than once a year now. Our memories fade so fast in this countyr nowadays... We held a memorial in front of the firehouse this morning, on a military installation for that matter, and folks were driving by looking at us like they had no idea what we were doing.

Biplane Murphy
09-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Nice work guys!!

Rabbitcreekok
09-12-2007, 06:11 AM
The President said that we would never forget. But many have. We were attacked on our own soil and almost 3,000 died. Shameful to forget those deaths.

Thanks for bringing this great video back to our attention, Dave.

EUT
09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Kosh, we needed that.

WishIWasAPunkRocker
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
As we say over here "Lest We Forget..."

oimmuk
09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I will never forget those or anyother who have died for freedom, no matter where or who. It is truely the one thing which seperates us from the Ape.

gfdengine204
09-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I just came across this thread; I will make a point to check the video when I get home. But, as I read the posts, it took me back, not only to that day, but to the days following......

I remember being awakened by the phone, a friend telling me the country was under attack. Turned on the TV....I am sure you all can relate. Made a phone call to the headquarters, asking what we (State Police) were doing. Was told to remain available and to notify HQ of my wherabouts at all times. Went to the firehouse, needed to be with my brothers. Across the street at City Hall, the mayor decided to have a brief ceremony at the flagpoles. As that was wrapping up, the Chief told me my work called and was looking for me. Such would start a week of 12 hours on-12 hours off.

Two days later, I am walking into the ops center at work, and stopped dead in my tracks. On the television was a face I knew. He was a retired police officer from the southwest, who had become a flight attendant for United. I had taught his CPR/AED and First Aid classes back when I did that. Talk about feeling like I had been punched in the gut. Put a face on that horrific day.

Spent the weekend following the attacks collecting monies to send to FDNY and Red Cross. It amazes me still how the country came together following that day. It amazes me more (just like Bill said) how quickly we have "forgotten" on any day that isn't September 11th.

For the war, against the war, Pro-Bush, Anti-Bush, whatever you are, people attacked OUR country with OUR citizens on board "their" weapons. How anyone can not remember, and not want retribution, is beyond me.

stinkweed007
09-16-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't know anyone who lost their lives on 9/11. I don't know anyone personally who did. I don't know anyone who helped. and as I sat in my office close to quittin time when the story broke. NBC via AFN. video, no audio as the live feed kicked in, I couldn't move. I really though it was a piece of a trailer for some movie that AFN was screwing up.

but as everything developed, I didn't leave. I couldn't. just the empathy for the views I experienced, and the sympathy for those who bore witness.

and I will never forget.

Kosh
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Bump

TDisaster
09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Great video guys. I haven't been around here long enuff (on wattflyer) to have found this thread before, but I'm glad I did.

I still remember, 8 years ago today. I was 8, so I really had no idea what was going on. At first I thought it was nothing big, but then I remember noticing how all the adults around me were acting. I realised somthing was up. Now that I can fully comprehend it, I truthfully hate this day. Even more so when I hear people say "we don't need this war". It really irks me when I hear kids in school saying things like "who cares, a bunch of people I didn't know died" or "so what some planes crashed". Some people just don't understand I guess...
Thanks again for the great video guys!
Mike

Larry3215
09-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks guys.

We do need to remember and thank all those who serve.

Biplane Murphy
09-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Yep.......I still vividly remember that day.

aviatordave
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Good job Kosh bumping this. I copied the video links and posted them in the OT forum but forgot to give this a bump.

I think Kosh did an excellent job on this. We are 3 years away from the 10 year anniversary and maybe Kosh can get another video by then.....I know, its a ways away.

EpoweredRc
09-11-2008, 06:53 PM
nice video, I do not think i ever seen it before. I seen the date was few years old.

Kosh
09-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Bump

gramps2361
09-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Kosh nice video and well put together. I myself won't forget, the images will always be with me very haunting. I had to waite till I was home from work to watch the video couldn't play it at work.
John

Larry3215
09-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks again Kosh.

aviatordave
09-12-2009, 02:53 AM
Good bump Kosh