PDA

View Full Version : Warning (a fictitious story)

loker
09-10-2006, 02:33 AM
Note from the admin:
This story is fictitious and should not be taken seriously.

I MADE HuGE MISTAKE. FOR DOING THIS I GOT tackled by 10 police officers, followed by 5 large bomb squad trucks. am being charged with maybe terrorism, violating restricted airspace, trespassing. Don't fly over crowded areas. IT was very stupid. (I flew AP plane over michigan stadium during the game) This is insane, I'm going crazy.

ForestCam
09-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Hmmm...wonder if it'll be on the 11:00 news here.

firemanbill
09-10-2006, 02:41 AM
DOH!:eek: Hopefully everything will turn out ok..

Hard lesson learned there.:o

TeslaWinger
09-10-2006, 03:17 AM
LOKER- Oh mannnnnn! :O

Back in my hang gliding days a pilot flew his hg over the Orange Bowl- or Rose Bowl- (its been a few decades) in California.

In England a self-proclaimed FAN MAN with a square soaring chute and a backpack motor landed ON Buckingham Palace (or one of those Royal Digs) in England! He also got the WARM RECEPTION!

The Bowl incident was before the Iron Curtain came down but still got him arrested and fined by the FAA- he had been previously warned NOT TO, but some guys just have to follow their instincts... to their doom!

Sorry to hear you got hassled- but very glad you had no problems over the crowd.

Can ya feel the love? Just don't say "Peace be upon you" to the nice G-Men. You might wake up in a snakepit in Pakistan!!!

TW

Warden
09-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Let's see, it's September so it's way too late (or too early) for April Fool's so Loker, please tell me that you're just joking and you really didn't fly over Michigan Stadium during the game!

JediFlyer
09-10-2006, 03:52 AM
I say its bs...violating restricted airspace, trespassing...I doubt the first..and the second would be hard to stick if you hadnt been told to leave, unless you were and didnt

JediFlyer
09-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Hmm...must be getting his anal probe right about now

loker
09-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I guess no big deal after all. it wasn't even in the paper, it just said in the police beat that 14 were arrested, 12 for minor in possession of alcohol, one for disorderly conduct, and one for trespassing, that's it!.

firemanbill
09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Well I'd say you dodged a bullet this time then.:rolleyes:

Grasshopper
09-10-2006, 04:58 PM
But did you get any good pictures?????????????????

TeslaWinger
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Considering all the high powered media coverage, and other RF traffic around such an event, the possibility of radio interference is greater than most any other place- and what a place to have control problems!

To mangle an old saying: The right to crash your plane stops at someone elses head!

We live and learn.

Peace.

Warden
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
But did you get any good pictures?????????????????

I was thinking of asking that question in my last post but I figured it was too close to the event for black humor. :)

Grasshopper
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Maybe sometimes I'm a little too straight forward.

TeslaWinger
09-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Maybe sometimes I'm a little too straight forward.

Heck no, Grasshopper! Ya know that place 'where wise men fear to tread?' What a view!

Like touching wet paint, flying too close to the sun, and doing 'Civilian Preflights.' Its a thrill a minute- but at some point you can gain so much wisdom that it hurts!

Its the lemming in our genes! Cain't help it! :D
Dive carefully.

So, Loker........... didya? :cool:

Just nod if you can't type! :rolleyes:

Grasshopper
09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Heck no, Grasshopper! Ya know that place 'where wise men fear to tread?' What a view!

Like touching wet paint, flying too close to the sun, and doing 'Civilian Preflights.' Its a thrill a minute- but at some point you can gain so much wisdom that it hurts!
Its the lemming in our genes! Cain't help it! :D
Dive carefully.

So, Loker........... didya? :cool:

Just nod if you can't type! :rolleyes:

I think I missed out on that part.

dmmalish
09-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Michigan University Stadium aerial video from RC plane - Google Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1166267988976003464)

TeslaWinger
09-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh noooo! Another offender! I've stumbled upon a hotbed of...
But wait- those seats are empty!

Goes to show... timing is everything!

Whewww! Like I said- WHAT A VIEW!

I use a FMA Co-Pilot autopilot on my cameraship. It sure takes the wobble out of the video! Its a cheap way to improve your aerials greatly- til we can afford a blimp!

Warden
09-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Grasshopper, I'm not sure how you took my post. I was not criticizing if that's what you're thinking.

firemanbill
09-11-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm with you too Warden, I wanted to ask that question but thought better of it... :o

You can count on Tom to ask the direct questions though!:D

Grasshopper
09-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Grasshopper, I'm not sure how you took my post. I was not criticizing if that's what you're thinking.

No offense taken here. It takes a lot more than that to offend me. Life's too short for that stuff.

loker
09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
someone asked if I Was joking. I was. I wanted to see what kind of response I Would get. sorry to test you.

firemanbill
09-11-2006, 01:59 AM
someone asked if I Was joking. I was. I wanted to see what kind of response I Would get. sorry to test you.

Now that's just wrong...:mad:

dmmalish
09-11-2006, 02:20 AM
i fell for it i just figured there had to be someone dumb enough to try it especially on the anniversary of 9/11 so do you know who posted the video of the stadium???

Eric_N57105
09-11-2006, 02:39 AM
I guess no big deal after all. it wasn't even in the paper, it just said in the police beat that 14 were arrested, 12 for minor in possession of alcohol, one for disorderly conduct, and one for trespassing, that's it!.

So...which one were you?

Eric
www.ke6us.com

ForestCam
09-11-2006, 02:39 AM
I figured, the one thing I did notice on the news last night was the fact that there wasn't any good flying weather in Ann Arbor yesterday.:rolleyes:

DickCorby
09-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Had this been true, I feel that he would be in the slammer. we need to become very careful with the situation as it now exists in the world.

When the terrorists can't get control of a Jet Liner, who's to say a Senior Telemaster used in this way couldnt do a lot of damage.

Cute joke on us RC pilots, but don't be suprised if we don't get some new rules of operation over the next couple of years. We are already being looked at, there are changes coming.

PittCaleb
09-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Don't know if it was in fact the original poster who did it or not, but it was in today's Ann Arbor news. I'm not an RC Flyer (private pilot though) but found this site and thread via the paper's article:
Ann Arbor News Article (http://www.mlive.com/news/aanews/index.ssf?/base/news-19/1158158514247500.xml&coll=2)

It was a strange sight for a University of Michigan football game - a red, remote-controlled model airplane with a four-foot wingspan that came from the north end of Michigan Stadium and circled over the field.

The plane suddenly appeared during the final minutes of Saturday's football game against Central Michigan University, flying at about the height of the press box, said University of Michigan Police Capt. Joe Piersante.

It was circled slowly over the stadium for about four minutes - enough time to attract the attention of some of the crowd at the north end of the stadium - and then it buzzed out, Piersante said. The players were still on the field.

As the plane left, police were hot on its trail. Officers caught up with its owner in a parking lot about 100 yards north of the stadium. They confiscated the plane and arrested the 25-year-old Ypsilanti-area man for trespassing.

Police say the first question that comes to mind when you catch someone flying a remote-controlled model plane over the crowded stadium during a game is: What were you thinking?

"It was almost reckless endangerment to fly that over the stands because it could have injured someone,'' said Piersante, who was at the game and witnessed the flight. "When people saw it, they got worried pretty quickly.''

The plane's owner told police he had attached a video camera to the plane and was trying to obtain images of the game and crowded stadium that he could sell as an amateur photographer.

Piersante said police viewed the video from the camera. It showed a short segment of the plane's flight over the stadium.

The man's name was not released.

On a Web log called Watt Flyer, a user named "loker'' posted a message early Sunday saying he flew a plane over Michigan Stadium during the game and called the act a mistake. "For doing this I got tackled by 10 police officers, followed by five large bomb squad trucks,'' the post read. "Am being charged with maybe terrorism, violating restricted airspace, trespassing.''

And he added some advice for other model plane enthusiasts: "Don't fly over crowded areas. It was very stupid. This is insane, I'm going crazy.''
The person who posted the message could not be reached by The News.
Piersante said U-M police spoke with the FBI and Federal Aviation Administration about the incident and were seeking a misdemeanor trespassing charge against the man. The man was also ordered not to return to university property.

County Deputy Chief Assistant Prosecutor Steve Hiller said Tuesday that the matter is under review to determine what criminal charges, if any, are applicable. "Frankly, this isn't something that's come up before,'' Hiller said.

FBI Senior Agent Greg Stejskal called the airplane operator the "Big House Icarus,'' referring to a character in Greek mythology who dared to fly too near the sun on wings of feathers and wax. Stejskal said his agency also is reviewing to case to see if any federal laws were violated. But he said FAA "no-fly'' rules that prohibit airplanes over the stadium during games do not apply to remote-controlled model planes.

Stejskal said he would like to see legislation introduced that clearly makes it illegal to fly remote-controlled planes or similar devices during games.

"If (the plane) were to lose power and fall, it could cause serious damage and injury,'' Stejskal said. "It could disrupt the game just by being there. It's an issue that should be addressed. This was a relatively small plane, but a larger one could be that much more dangerous and cause panic in the stadium.''

firemanbill
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Hmmmm...

Well now Loker... Did you or Didn't you???

Warden
09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Nice try PittCaleb, but if the deed had actually been done I think the response by the authorities would have been much more severe than your newspaper account indicated.

To be honest with you, I think it's ill advised to be discussing on this forum what could be done with RC planes and crowds of people.

There's no sense in giving those who wish us harm ideas on how to go about it. Also, there's no need to prompt overzealous regulators into examining RC flight any more than they already are.

IMHO this thread should be deleted, now!

firemanbill
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I dunno Warden... The link appears to be valid to the Ann Arbor paper... the story appears on the home page of the Newspapers website.

http://www.mlive.com/aanews/

I agree though that this could be used as fuel to a fire we don't want burning.

aviatordave
09-13-2006, 06:26 PM

Warden
09-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Ooops, I missed the link! Well, hopefully the reaction won't be any more severe than noted in the article.

firemanbill
09-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Let's hope. Let's also hope this doesn't get any more media attention than it already has.

adhoc
09-13-2006, 08:06 PM
There's no sense in giving those who wish us harm ideas on how to go about it. Also, there's no need to prompt overzealous regulators into examining RC flight any more than they already are.

IMHO this thread should be deleted, now!I respectfully disagree. Not about not giving people "ideas on how to harm us," but on reacting to the topic by deleting threads and ignoring it.

Several prominent politicians have already learned that the fastest way to increase interest and suspicion is to delete or otherwise suppress web pages/sites. Even if it is done with good intentions, it seems suspicious. As far as I'm concerned, 99.9% of the people here on WattFlyer have nothing to hide.

Also, for those crazies who are determined to harm us, stifling discussion on a web forum isn't going to prevent them from learning to fly RC. Now, when someone starts talking about hanging/dropping explosives or other questionable ideas that have no place in our hobby, then I'd definitely agree with you, shut that wacko down...

In my opinion, given the current (semi-hysterical) climate, sooner or later we are going to get attention. (For example, the folks who innocently like to watch and photograph aircraft taking off and landing at airports have already received some attention from authorities.) We may even have to submit to some regulation we won't like. But if we address the concerns calmly and openly, the media and the authorities will see that most of us are reasonable and responsible hobbyists, and that it isn't necessary to enact sweeping and overbearing restrictions.

Let's join the inevitable discussion with the media in a straightforward and direct manner: "Like most other hobbies/interests, the vast majority of RC flyers are safe and responsible people. The improper or wreckless use of RC technology by a loner should not be held against the rest of us." Or something like that... The really great thing is, that statement isn't just a "message" -- I truly believe it describes us...

Just my opinions,
Andy

aeromite
09-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Let me simply say this is NOT the kind of act or publicity our hobby needs. This episode has done irrepairable harm to us all. :mad: And, whoever you are, you are a disgrace to the rest of us, and to the hobby.

Aeromite

Kosh
09-14-2006, 03:00 AM
I have followed this thread and carefully considered the ups and downs of it. Basically it makes you think about where you fly and your surroundings and holds "YOU" as the pilot responsible for sending a plane up. As more become AP buffs you can be assured there will be rules to follow with stiff penalties to those who flaunt them. You can also be assured that our planes are already considered a threat over large crowds of people and rules and regs are just a stones throw away.

I'm not going to take any action on this because its something you can find on any forum at the moment however lets please not encourage this.

Crash Test Dummy
09-14-2006, 04:58 AM
I think we have been lied to. Period. loker you should come clean, now.

CTD

Cowboy
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
I agree with Kosh, if this thread didn't do anything but make you think about where you fly and the consequenses, then it is a good thing. Whether this in fact was loker or not, who knows. He sure got quiet all of a sudden.:confused:

firemanbill
09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I agree with Kosh, if this thread didn't do anything but make you think about where you fly and the consequenses, then it is a good thing. Whether this in fact was loker or not, who knows. He sure got quiet all of a sudden.:confused:

Yup!:eek:

I agree as well that if this makes you think then maybe, just maybe it will do some good. A lot of folks do not realize the implications of what they are doing in the grand scheme of things...

ForestCam
09-14-2006, 10:03 PM
I think we have been lied to. Period. loker you should come clean, now.

CTD
I have to agree. Just for giggles I went back and read ALL of loker's posts and it's funny that in this thread (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2608) he states that "I Don't think he's special at all. I can do that, and I fly with andrew jesky and scott foster, and they blow me away" but you go back a bit further (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826) and you get "I came across an article in a magazine about how to do the harrier roll, with detailed pictures and instructions about what to do at each point throughout the maneuver, and now I can almost do it."

Hmmmm...:rolleyes:

vax6335
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Maybe he practiced a lot, those posts are almost 4 months apart. Lets not start judging people we really don't know personally, that's something that just shouldn't happen here, like on other sites. I've always been proud of Watt Flyer for being almost 100% friendly.

But I do think he made a bad decision, whether he did it or not, starting this joke wasn't a very good idea.

Frodo
09-14-2006, 10:35 PM
The article is real and Loker posted his story(?) before the article was written. I'm starting to believe this and think maybe his lawyers told him to shut up about the incident.....

firemanbill
09-14-2006, 10:42 PM
The article is real and Loker posted his story(?) before the article was written. I'm starting to believe this and think maybe his lawyers told him to shut up about the incident.....

Bingo... I'd put money on that bet...;)

aviatordave
09-15-2006, 01:50 AM

firemanbill
09-15-2006, 02:07 AM
probably curious to see what we have been saying about it...

TeslaWinger
09-15-2006, 03:23 AM
Hand me the weasel hammer, Jeeves!
Anonymous
:D

PS: You got a point, guys. Not the sort of thing to be making up these days- didnt realize it was a hoax. Turns out sad but true? It is a serious thing to publically confess to putting a lot of people in harms way and legal restraints are in order. The spotlight is on. Its your 15 minutes. Make it good. These people and the sport deserve better.

Lets keep this sort of thing out of here as long as we can.

Kosh
09-15-2006, 07:07 PM
After further discussion this thread was moved.

aeromite
09-15-2006, 08:59 PM
What threat?

Frodo
09-15-2006, 09:15 PM
What threat?

Kosh meant to say the "thread" has been moved.

aeromite
09-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh...

Thanks...

Kosh
09-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Whoops, fixed that. Sorry for the confusion

TeslaWinger
09-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Confused? I'm HORRIFIED! Easily amused, y'know! :O

Every machine has a dangerous and unpredictable part.
Its always the nut behind the wheel.

Fly safe, have fun- and keep yer face off the news! If the Hounds of Current Events do track you down- show them you have some sense. We could use the good press.

Get that creeping zoom closeup as you wiggle the servos and the tail wiggles too! It really wows 'em in the peanut gallery!

Sorry to lose you so soon, friend. Glad it wasn't much worse. It will pass and you will get your life back.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!"

JediFlyer
09-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Well its OBVIOUSLY real http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-19/1158158514247500.xml?aanews?NEA&coll=2 and this WHOLE thing goes to show you...this forum as well as TOS are being monitored by those outside of the hobby. So by posting stupid stunts and going outside of safe limits IS being noticed..This sport isnt any dangerous than flying a kite, but now the ball has started rolling on the fact that a few of our "friends" have done some stupid things and its gonna snowball into something that is unnecessary like some tough legislation that makes NO SENSE.

aviatordave
09-20-2006, 08:46 PM

lvspark
09-21-2006, 06:56 AM
What model was he flying?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read in this thread (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8708&page=2) discussing the stadium, it was a SS.. If a SS is considered such a big threat, I wonder what will be become of the indoor airships? Oh Boy..

JediFlyer
09-21-2006, 01:30 PM
I could think of a MILLION different MORE dangerous things that could happen in a croud than a SS diving in from 400' out of control...:rolleyes: I'm not saying it wouldn't/couldn't hurt someone, but LOTS of things could cause injury...

aeromite
09-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I could think of a MILLION different MORE dangerous things that could happen in a croud than a SS diving in from 400' out of control...:rolleyes: I'm not saying it wouldn't/couldn't hurt someone, but LOTS of things could cause injury...

What you say is NOT relavent! What counts is the absolute stupidity of the act, the ire raised in the law enforcement and political communities, the "frightening" press coverage, and the possible legislation that can only hurt us all. The reality of this is dwarfed by the perception that we are reckless and dangerous to the public at-large. The motorcyclists have their one-percenters, I guess we do too...:(

aviatordave
09-21-2006, 02:22 PM

ForestCam
09-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Ya really.....I used to fly a good sized blimp (about the size of a mid size car :cool: ) indoors at our local Hockey stadium during period intermissions. We even dropped ping pong balls on the kids for them to win a prize. This might sound mean, but I would circle over a group of kids about 5-10 feet above their heads until a large group formed...all you could see is little hands reaching up in the air waiting for that precious ping pong ball.....so I would drop one and watch the little guys scramble to get the ball...kind of light a mini-riot :D ......but nonetheless....they had fun!

Dave

Did you ever drive an icecream truck? LOL

aircruiser
09-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Hello

I have been following this thread and want to just put in my 2 cents that flying in cities is bad. :D

A friend of mine recently lost his commander when flying and crash landing in a street. The Honda won.

R.I.P.

firemanbill
09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Hello

I have been following this thread and want to just put in my 2 cents that flying in cities is bad. :D

A friend of mine recently lost his commander when flying and crash landing in a street. The Honda won.

R.I.P.

That is a very good point AC. It is also not so much that the commander lost which we all know would... but the driver of that car that ran over it did not know what was coming.

Look at it this way... Mom is driving her little ones to school and sees this thing coming at her and does not know what it is... she panics, swerves and get's hit head on by a dump truck... that is a very definate probability, especially in this day and age.

Now imagine that same scenario in a crowded football stadium. Someone see this out of control... 'thing" coming at them and panics, screams and starts running... can you say stampede?!

not a wise thing to do...

aircruiser
09-26-2006, 02:32 AM
^^ very good point ^^

another thing to is what terrorists could do with R/C planes. *shivers*

It is scary to think of what could happen.

ForestCam
09-26-2006, 06:43 PM
That is a very good point AC. It is also not so much that the commander lost which we all know would... but the driver of that car that ran over it did not know what was coming.

I've had that happen, was flying my Wing Dragon at the local mall a couple of years ago trying to keep it inverted when I let it get a little low and I crashed into the grass near the road. The wing popped off and wound up in the street. A passing motorist saw it laying there and swerved out of his lane to purposly run it over.:mad:

Murocflyer
04-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Just caught this. Did the flight actually take place?

Frank

aviatordave
04-17-2007, 04:39 AM
I think it was made up......not a very solid story

Murocflyer
04-17-2007, 04:43 AM
So do I. Did you notice the only post by this guy (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPW71&P=ML) was related to the OP topic?

I think I may have lost some respect to the guy who started this thread.

Frank

Airhead
04-17-2007, 04:46 AM
I just kind of got here myself... I think this may still be a lesson or review on how and where we choose to fly our planes. This story might stop someone from flying where it may be dangerous...

Murocflyer
04-17-2007, 05:04 AM
I think the morale of the story is not to post fictitious stories and try to make people believe its true on a forum. It certainly doesn't do much for their credibility, which is all a person has since most if us don't really "know" each other.

Frank

Crash Test Dummy
04-17-2007, 06:28 AM
I think the morale of the story is not to post fictitious stories and try to make people believe its true on a forum. It certainly doesn't do much for their credibility, which is all a person has since most if us don't really "know" each other.

Frank
Well said Frank.

CTD

Murocflyer
04-19-2007, 05:17 AM
Thanks CTD, credibility is important in these forums.

Frank

Kat
04-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Has anyone else noticed how loker JUST SHUT UP after more replies? sheer idiocy like this should not even happen........ :( :( :( :(

aircruiser
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM
teaches others a few lessons though..

vax6335
04-19-2007, 10:19 PM
If this was a fake story, someone went to a lot of trouble for it. Earlier in the thread there are links to a real newspaper story about flying over a stadium. The links don't work now of course, since it's been so long ago (they make you subscribe to read the articles after a certain time), but someone did copy and paste it into a quote. Maybe Loker read the story and made this thread, I don't know. But it seems someone did act stupid and fly over a crowded stadium.

firemanbill
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I remember seeing that too Andy and then I searched the story and the link when it was new and saw it in a couple of different places... can't find it now though and like you say you have to pay to search that far back...

odd...

if you ask me I think it was real and the fellas lawyer told him to shut his mouth!

WaldoXerxes
04-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I also saw this thread a while ago and the link worked then - at least it showed me the first few lines of the article - I think I had to sign up for more. I think it was true.

Murocflyer
04-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Note post number one now and the new title.

Frank

firemanbill
04-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Yes it was changed recently.

When this all shook out frank this fella came on here and said all this. There was definatley a story in the paper that was referenced. I researched it outside of the link and it showed up.

Why the title of this was changed without explantion confuses me a bit.

One things for sure though... this cat stop posting altogether after this happened... unless he is on here by another name now...

aircruiser
04-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Yeah I remember seeing those stories and I would believe it because you see what happened in virginia..proves there's some crazy people out there..

I think whoever edited it just didnt want anyone else trying this..

Twizter68
04-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, loker is still around..he's been posting since the end of last month, which makes me think he's Military, probably Navy, and just got back from deployment....

firemanbill
04-20-2007, 03:31 AM
Oh I see that now! Hadn't noticed he was back!

Welcome back loker!

So what's the deal, fictitious or not?

Kosh
04-20-2007, 03:40 AM
This story was first posted in the AP forum and I did some checking at the time and sure enough the story was posted online by the paper there. Believe what you will but I took some heat over this from RCAPA asking about details and if this was a Wattflyer sponsored event. :eek:

The poster sent me a PM saying he was VERY sorry for the whole event and promised to never to anything like that again and then vanished. It was my judgment call to move this post because we couldn't find out more info from him at the time.

Let me make this clear "Our planes are indeed considered a threat to PUBLIC SAFETY when used over large crowds" and there will come a time when the laws reflects this with fines and or jail time at some point. Till then its up to each of us to use common sense every time we send up a plane because only the pilot is ultimately responsible !!!

firemanbill
04-20-2007, 03:43 AM
This story was first posted in the AP forum and I did some checking at the time and sure enough the story was posted online

Let me make this clear "Our planes are indeed considered a threat to PUBLIC SAFETY when used over large crowds" and there will come a time when the laws reflects this with fines and or jail time at some point. Till then its up to each of us to use common sense every time we send up a plane because only the pilot is ultimately responsible !!!

Then why change the title... makes it look like a cover up...

And I absolutely agree... foolish stunts like these can and WILL get these planes of ours banned...

Kosh
04-20-2007, 03:59 AM
I didn't change the title and that just happened recently but by who I'm not sure. I really cant say if its true or not but did read the stories at the time and in my mind "It did happen". Regardless of what you think about this story it was not coved up or I would have simply deleted it. The Wattflyer community has nothing to hide "Good or Bad" as it may be.

firemanbill
04-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Once again... agreed.

It does seem strange though that it was changed without explanation...

aviatordave
04-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Ya..its in the past now anyways real or not. Just never get complacent with what we do, just like driving through a school zone...slow down...:)

maybe this thread aught to be placed in the bit bucket.....I dont think it would be missed.

Kosh
04-20-2007, 04:35 AM
I will dig deeper then Bill and ask that the title be restored. However by most of the input here I can see where they might call this a fairy tail.
To tell you the truth I think Loker is all right but simply made a major judgment error and has paided the price. We would all like the real story at some point but only he can tell it. What do you say Loker? It time to put this subject to rest and there will be no hard feelings here I hope.

Murocflyer
04-20-2007, 05:04 AM
Oh I see that now! Hadn't noticed he was back!

Welcome back loker!

So what's the deal, fictitious or not?

Yes I'd like to know the "real" story.

Come on loker, what do you know? It could definitely be a good lesson for others.

Frank

Murocflyer
04-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Still waiting :(

TeslaWinger
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Since the original post was changed- LONNNGGGG after the fact- can we change all our responses to it? :D

Kosh, I also suggest it's time for this ever changing BS story to bite the Big One.

Sure we can take a joke but my sense of humor is limited to something less than criminal acts that put people in jeopardy.
The first rule of humor is: "Do no harm..." Well, for funny doctors anyway.. :D

We are not amused! Loker, what's the story? Come clean, bro...

Ribcracker
04-29-2007, 03:50 AM
I don't think there's any thing more to the story. Loker flew a slowstick over a Michigan stadium during a big game to get some photos and possibly sell them to the press. Security didn't like it, tracked him down, and pressed charges. Loker went through the court system, took his lumps, and learned his lesson. Odds are...he didn't do any time but it was probably expensive.
Anyway, that's old news. It appears as though he wanted to re-assimilate into WattFlyer after a bit of hiatus but it looks like we've run him off again. He obviously doesn't want this attention. He should probably change his user name and slip back in among us incognito.
Loker....you are still welcome here. Please come play! We miss you.