PDA

View Full Version : Easy Star @ White Sands Missle Range Video

darenm
09-10-2006, 02:46 AM
Took the old Easy Star to White sands this morning. I got some nice flying in before the Park Rangers kicked me out. :(
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=233456188062716968&hl=en

TeslaWinger
09-10-2006, 03:35 AM
WOW! What a sandbox, huh? The rangers may have done you a VERY BIG favor! Just burn your clothes and take your iodine pills!

Yrs ago I went on a big video install job with a crew and we went thru there- miles and miles of THERE!

We stopped at the first town north of there and had lunch.

My boss was an ex-Navy guy, (a kinda empennage-retentive sort), who was driving us all to distraction with his micromanagement of things that required nothing of the sort.

While we ate, I noticed that nearly every woman in the place had red hair and freckles. I explained it was from the radiation! :D

He had a COW over that- but that was all it took for this band of jokers. Every explanation for EVERYTHING after that had the same theme and he went nuts!

Running low on gas- you guessed it! Cloudy day? Same explanation! Red haired chicks? Flatulence? I thought he was gonna POP!

Thanks for the peek at this bizarre place again- and welcome to WATT FLYER!

I had almost forgotten that hilarious day- of course I have an explanation for that.... :D

TW

Crash Test Dummy
09-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Nice video and welcome to Wattflyer!!

CTD

thomdoe
09-10-2006, 07:09 AM
some people don't even know what " white sands" is nice video. Keith

TeslaWinger
09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Thom, you are so right. Mostly silica, I would think!

:D