PDA

View Full Version : Zagnutz Video

Randy Due
09-10-2006, 05:32 AM
Quality is poor, but I don't have time to put together a better one right now. Still, I thought someone may want to see how these Nutz fly. I built it last week and have been very impressed with it. It may just be my favorite AP plane yet. I highly recommend that all of you go build one...now.:D Thanks to CenTexFlyer for the free plans. Mine is a basic 52", but I added a center pod for gear and added an extra spar. Here's the link to the video http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567900#post6043743

And here's some pics of the plane.

Randy

aviatordave
09-10-2006, 05:43 AM
That was really neat Randy. I cant tell where your camera is from the pics, I assume its toward the bottom front? The HUD display is always nice to see, alot of good flying.....I like the wave at the end!

Dave

Randy Due
09-10-2006, 05:56 AM
That was really neat Randy. I cant tell where your camera is from the pics, I assume its toward the bottom front? The HUD display is always nice to see, alot of good flying.....I like the wave at the end!

Dave

Hey Dave,

I just noticed that a couple of the pics I posted were from before I installed the cam. I guess it is a little hard to tell, doh (somebody slap me!) I must be asleep!:D The camera is in the nose. Here's a pic after I installed the video cam. I plan on making a mount for the still camera on the CG facing backwards, if I can keep the prop out of the shots.Thanks.

Randy

Kosh
09-11-2006, 05:18 AM
I really enjoyed how smooth and fluid your video was, I have seen some other wing video that was just moving too fast to be really useful. Nice setup with just the right speeds and payloads. Big thanks for sharing. :)

Randy Due
09-11-2006, 05:54 AM
I really enjoyed how smooth and fluid your video was, I have seen some other wing video that was just moving too fast to be really useful. Nice setup with just the right speeds and payloads. Big thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks. The Zagnutz design is definitely better for AP than other wings I've built. I've built a couple variations with Slinger wing cores. They all flew great, but as you said, really too fast and twitchy for AP. The Zagnutz flies as if it were on rails, and slows down enough to work for AP. Gene (CenTexFlyer) really came up with a gem with these plans.

Randy