PDA

View Full Version : spectra rtf

lostagain
09-14-2006, 06:03 PM
i have aspectra rtf that i bought a year ago and have yet to fly this plane.every thing seems to check out but does nothing but nose dive after 6ft of launch. any help and advice is thankful.

Warden
09-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Hmmm, I've been flying a Spectra for a loooooong time! Even with the stock set-up they fly very well. Even if you didn't turn the motor on you should be getting more than a six foot glide out of it.

OK, give us some more info and we'll get you fixed up. I don't know what equipment comes with the ready to fly version but the kit came with a 550 can motor and an on/off motor switch.

So, what motor, prop, battery and speed control/switch are you using? What radio are you using and how do you have it set up? What is your procedure at launch i.e. launch level or launch up or down; launch and then turn the motor on or turn the motor on and then launch?

AEAJR
09-15-2006, 12:22 AM
i have aspectra rtf that i bought a year ago and have yet to fly this plane.every thing seems to check out but does nothing but nose dive after 6ft of launch. any help and advice is thankful.

Did you check the balance to be sure the CG is correct?

Is it possible your elevator control is reversed?

Launching into the wind, right?

Full throttle?

Tell us how you are launching the plane.

AEAJR
01-06-2007, 11:37 AM

Did you ever get the plane flying?