PDA

View Full Version : Video to share

valen
09-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Just thought I would post one of the first videos I made with my cheap-o CVS camera on my supercub. I'm actually impressed with the quality of a $30 camera.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1233025310071125319

I have not edited it, hence there is exciting footage of my hand at the begining! (ok its not that exciting...)

Try not to make fun of the 'landing'

aviatordave
09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Cool video, pretty good for your first! You are the first person to get a picture of the whole USA in one shot (on the playground....lol)

I wont make fun of your landing, I must of missed it.....all I saw was the ground hitting the plane. (just kidding)

Dave

JediFlyer
09-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Good job...I have two of those CVS cams that I got when they first came out...one of them I have hacked already, but I have never attached it to a plane...

Must be one of the new Osprey Supercub's....turned into a helocopter and dropped straight down :D

valen
09-15-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm telling you that ground jumped right up at the plane!

Actually that supercub is pretty tough, no damage was sustained (except to my piloting skills)

aeromite
09-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Just thought I would post one of the first videos I made with my cheap-o CVS camera on my supercub. I'm actually impressed with the quality of a $30 camera.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1233025310071125319

I have not edited it, hence there is exciting footage of my hand at the begining! (ok its not that exciting...)

Try not to make fun of the 'landing'

Nifty! (that ought to tell you how old I am!)

What camera that CVS sells can do that? AND, what do you guys mean by "hacked"?

valen
09-15-2006, 10:49 PM
CVS sells a 'disposable' $30 camcorder. Its only $30 because you are supposed to return it and they burn your recorded videos onto a CD for you. You can 'hack' it and solder on a usb connector so you can use it again and again. I have also removed the case and replaced the batteries with 1 lithium all to reduce the size and weight. You can google it and find lots of info about it.

aeromite
09-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Gotcha - thanks!

airmail wf
09-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Nice vid.

You guys think he crash landed. Wrong, he was just positioning the plane so you could see the pilot walk to the plane. Now that takes some real skill.;) :D Right valen?

rahtware
09-17-2006, 05:41 AM
CVS sells a 'disposable' $30 camcorder. Its only $30 because you are supposed to return it and they burn your recorded videos onto a CD for you. You can 'hack' it and solder on a usb connector so you can use it again and again. I have also removed the case and replaced the batteries with 1 lithium all to reduce the size and weight. You can google it and find lots of info about it.

Before you get excited and run out to buy one, the new versions have proven, so far, to be unhackable. That's why I ended up with a "Point and Shoot". It and the RCA "Small Wonder" (newest camcorder using that name) are the same as the CVS (Longs, Payless) camcorders except that they already have all the good "hacks" done to them... And they cost (after current rebates) more, $109(P&S) and $79(RCA).