PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion Cub 10e?

Twmaster
09-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Anybody have one of these? I'm looking for a decent smallish Cub (40-50" span) that is not a POS.

So, any info you can relay from experience would be appreciated.

QuietRCFly
09-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Anybody have one of these? I'm looking for a decent smallish Cub (40-50" span) that is not a POS.

So, any info you can relay from experience would be appreciated.

We sell them, but have no customer feedback as yet. I have just started a build for myself and will try to post a build thread and give feedback, though I may be a biased source since I do sell the kits.

New customers can save 10% on their first order if you do decide on one. Just check our home page for details.

Twmaster
09-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Chris,

What I really want to see are actual photos of the plane not 'ad shots'.

I'm not in a gigantic hurry so if you could post a build thread I'll be watching.

:)

QuietRCFly
09-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Chris,

What I really want to see are actual photos of the plane not 'ad shots'.

I'm not in a gigantic hurry so if you could post a build thread I'll be watching.

:)

I will try to get a thread going. Maybe tomorrow. I have only just started, but I do have some pics. I just need time to get them out of the camera. I hope to do more building tomorrow and I will take more pics.

Piperfan
09-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi Mike,

Take a look at my thread for the E-flite 25 cub. Its probably the best cub I have ever built in this size range. Very scale. I have some nice pix there also. If you need more pix, I can send them.

Gary Hoorn
09-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Chris,
Are the wing/s removable after the build?
Gary

clarinetjd
09-19-2006, 02:20 AM
I will try to get a thread going. Maybe tomorrow. I have only just started, but I do have some pics. I just need time to get them out of the camera. I hope to do more building tomorrow and I will take more pics.

I'll be watching for this thread too. Looks like a really nice Cub from the ad copy. Good luck with the build and maiden.

QuietRCFly
09-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Chris,
Are the wing/s removable after the build?
Gary

The wing is removable. The halves are glued together and attached to the fuse with bolts. The struts are also connected to the wing and fuse with screws. They recommend servo wire extensions for easier removal and it looks like a requirement for the servos I'm using.

QuietRCFly
09-19-2006, 02:26 AM
I'll be watching for this thread too. Looks like a really nice Cub from the ad copy. Good luck with the build and maiden.

I have started, but just need to get the pictures out of my camera and I will start the thread. I am a little time challenged for building, but I would like to get it in the air before the weather hear in Seattle gets too nasty. Though I may be too late. The gutters were overflowing earlier today!

QuietRCFly
09-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Hi guys,

I know you are awaiting my build thread. I have done a little more, but had problems with the pics. I will get the thread started this weekend.

Thanks for the patience!

QuietRCFly
09-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I have started the build thread here:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10742

Thanks!