PDA

View Full Version : batteries won't charge

gutsandglory
09-06-2005, 02:38 PM
The batteries for my Parkzone Ferocious Frankie won't accept a full charge. I know this from the sound of the motor rev and the plane just won't fly. Why is this happening? Should a battery be charged at it's mah rate or slower, or faster? Also, does anyone know of a product that can measure the output of these flight batteries? Thanks.

Glacier Girl
09-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Are you using the included charger? If so try another charger, should cure your battery problems. Also look at possibly the motor going south.
Get an Astro or Watt meter, hook it inline between the pack and Esc/Rx, will tell you volts, amps watts, etc. A must have piece of equipment when working with electrics.

ForestCam
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
How old is your battery? I've noticed my batteries from last summer just don't have the kick they did when I first got them.

glattica
09-22-2005, 06:26 AM
I have had serious problems with the Parkzone batteries for my J3. They won't take a charge even when new. I called PZ and they didnt say there had been a lot of complaints but if you let them know perhaps they will upgrade the batt.

Vamooska
09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
The car charger that came with my Parkzone J3 fried the pack first go around. I had the dial set to .7A charge......I thought the charger nerver shut off. After testing with a meter...it confirmed my hunch. It was defective from the go. Hobby Zone said...."sorry about that....wanna buy another one? So I am out a charger AND a battery pack.:mad:
Got a brand new Cub as a static display.
Jeff

GeraldRosebery
10-04-2005, 12:56 AM
The batteries for my Parkzone Ferocious Frankie won't accept a full charge. I know this from the sound of the motor rev and the plane just won't fly. Why is this happening? Should a battery be charged at it's mah rate or slower, or faster? Also, does anyone know of a product that can measure the output of these flight batteries? Thanks.

I think that the lesson you are learning here is that you pretty much always get what you pay for. R/C is simply not an inexpensive hobby. If you try to do it on the cheap you will never be happy. I have been doing this for 33 years and have learned many lesssons over time. I only ever buy the best, even if I have to save up to get it. That DOES NOT mean buying the fanciest. Buy the best brands from people who are proud of what they sell and stand behind their products 100%. There are a lot of them out there.