PDA

View Full Version : Post your bloody fingers!!!

nova801428
09-17-2006, 01:08 AM
O.K., 2 nights ago I cut my fingers with my prop, and I wanted to see other people cut their fingers or whatever like me!!! Show your pics, btw I don't know how to post pix, so sorry

Warden
09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Too late, I'm all healed up now....

TeslaWinger
09-17-2006, 03:22 AM
Forensics? YUK! This could be a gruesome thread! Don't need to see a lot of booboos posted to get the idea. Prop horror stories alone would be plenty instructive but we would expect the original language could be replaced with something like:

"As the razor sharp carbon prop spinning at 19,000 rpm cut thru my finger halfway thru the bone to reverberate in the marrow- I said- GOLLY!" We'll still know what you mean! Put some glo fuel on it- it'll feel like the old days!

Might require a Celebrity Spokesperson to tell it just so... like the movie trailer guy:
"In a world where I was going one way and my fingers were going the other..."

It wasnt much to look at but the sting from the Speed 400 Zagi's spoon prop sure left an impression on me- mostly surprise and a chuckle, but not much else. Go to a powerful brushless and its not a 'rap on the knuckles' anymore- Its radical surgery of the PDQ kind!

An ultralight pilot once said: "I think of a propeller as being whirling knives!"
So do I!

9 Fingers Lefty.

cyrus abdollahi
09-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I have seen someone cut their finger tip clean off with an e-prop on an airplane we were hand launching.

Please be careful, if you want to keep your fingers.

We had to run to the emergency room, it was very bad. Blood was everywhere. :(