PDA

View Full Version : What signal comes out from the Xport ?

Panel guy
09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi,
I was wondering what signal comes from a hobby zone super cub x port. I was wondering if I could attach a camera to the port ?

Kosh
09-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Turns out your in luck, I did a little searching and found http://www.rc-cam.com/cammanxp.htm .
There may be some other useful links with some hunting but this is a start. Best of luck on this project.

Panel guy
10-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Hi;
I now have built the curcuit,but I just need to wait until I can flash program the 12 pin PIC that is part of it. (I had never built a circuit, or done flash programming, this was almost harder than flying my super cub in the wind!!!) The link you provided was very good. Complete info on the technical info, as well as how to test the circuit prior to pluging it into the plane.
The curcuit that I built is a total of 14.9 grams. I have not chosen (aquired) a camera yet. The day after I do, I will post the pics, as well as the building of the curcuit pics.
(the proper spelling is "circuit"-->I will type it 10 x,I am a hobby guy not typer)

Kosh
10-11-2006, 03:02 AM
WOW ... Thats a very technical challenge to pull off and way above my skills. Please keeps us updated as it may help a few others out.

Panel guy
10-11-2006, 01:14 PM
This is the circuit. The chip gets plugged into the back of your computer with an adaptor (JDM programmer), and the computer flashes a program into the circuit, that should mak the camera snap a picture when you push the xport button on the remote.

syberjunkie
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
well isn't that just snazzy! did you order his kit or source all of the parts?

Great job, btw!!!

Panel guy
10-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Hi;
Belive it or not, I just followed the link that the Kosh guy put up, and then read, re read , then re read the directions again. I went to the electronics store with the parts list. They gave me a bag of stuff, I gave them $21.00 Canadian. Spent a rainy Sat making it. I currently am trying to program the pic that I got with the electronic parts.
The software I have to run the programmer is not the exact same as described on the rc-cam website. So I posted a question, and am waiting for the reply as to what some of the on/off buttons mean.
You say snazzy, well let's just wait to see if I actually get pics when I push the button.:) , or if I just get a puff of smoke :o

Riverman
10-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Panel guy
Nice work, that is some impressive stuff. I hope it all works out for you. If all else fails, remove the Cub's Hobbyzone electronics and put in a nice 6 channel system. AP triggers are so much easier when you can just plug in a servo to push the button for you!

You're a little over my head in terms of electronic complexity but I can tell you that the Xport will safely support 3.0amps at 7.2volts without any issues. I used to power my custom night light system off of it on the Aerobird Xtreme.

cheers

syberjunkie
10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Just remember: you gotta keep the smoke inside. Once it leaves, nothing works.

ToTalXS
01-02-2007, 03:19 AM
did this ever work?....