PDA

View Full Version : How to attach prop to shaft?

mikeperik
09-06-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm building my first cdrom conversion and I'm using the guide rails from the cdrom ( I think they are 3mm diameter) as the shaft. All the props I've seen have about a 5-6mm hole.

Do I need to shim it?
Would a prop saver be a better solution?
Should I thread the shaft and use a couple of washers and nuts to attach the prop? I'm concerned about getting the prop centered on the shaft properly.

I noticed some of the larger props (9x6) have shims that might work but the smaller props (smaller than 9x6) only have a couple of shims but their shaft diameter is still in the 5-6mm range.

Thanks, Mike

EpoweredRc
09-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm building my first cdrom conversion and I'm using the guide rails from the cdrom ( I think they are 3mm diameter) as the shaft. All the props I've seen have about a 5-6mm hole.

Do I need to shim it?
Would a prop saver be a better solution?
Should I thread the shaft and use a couple of washers and nuts to attach the prop? I'm concerned about getting the prop centered on the shaft properly.

I noticed some of the larger props (9x6) have shims that might work but the smaller props (smaller than 9x6) only have a couple of shims but their shaft diameter is still in the 5-6mm range.

Thanks, Mike

Welcome to the site and you can use the Hyperion HP-Saver-30 from Allerc.com thats what my dad uses on all his Cd rom motors they work great cause you can use driffrent props also on them.
Here the site just scroll down and find the one you need.
http://www.allerc.com/index.php?cPath=36_61&osCsid=08204fd16a763b65cddd0e35c0c6868d
I hope this helps you out ,we have tried a few but these work the best.
Chris