PDA

View Full Version : All these "F/S" (spam)

bert269
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Sorry if I jump on someone's toes, but WHO is the person, selling cellphones in all the forums???....it looks to me like spam?

Is there someone that can do something about this....or is it just me that get's irritated with this> if this is the case, then I'll shut-up:rolleyes:

I don't mind if it's is routed to the "For Sale" forum, but PLEASE....adding the same thing over and over again, into all the forums, looks to me like spam!

Thank you
Bert

Hitch
09-20-2006, 07:07 PM
definitely spamming. there is a little icon at the bottom left of their posts that you can report the threads.

Mike Parsons
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I dislike spamwichers very much. We try and delete the threads as soon as we see them or they get reported. The highlight of my day is when a member reports the spammer and they are still online trying to post their garbage. I just wish I could see the look on their face when they hit the submit button the next time and it gives them the "You have been banned" message. It would be priceless.
We have put measures in place to try and stop them, but they are determined little cusses. They keep coming back. The only forum that I am aware that doesnt get spam is an unsuccesful one ;)

Thanks to all of you who report these scoundrels. It allows us to react quicker.

Cheers,
Mike

Don Sims
09-22-2006, 03:22 AM
BTW Bert, it isn't just one spammer, there are thousands of them out there. You folks help us a lot when you report them. I got another this evening while they were posting and on line. Life is gooooood when that happens!

ForestCam
09-22-2006, 05:15 AM
I dislike spamwichers very much.
That's my word and each time it's used you have to pay me 10.:p

ForestCam
09-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Here's an idea. Wattflyer has a built in language filter so why not add a few words to it's dictionary like, iPod, Nokia, Samsung, Razr, etc.
Imagine the spammer's suprise when most of his thread is composed of asteriks! :D