PDA

View Full Version : Profile P-38

eal757
09-07-2005, 04:15 AM
I finally got my Great Planes Profile 38 in the air. It has two 2814 AXI motors, with folding props. Two 2100 X 11.1 Kokam batt`s, controlled with 40 amp ESC`s. It has no landing gear, so I launched it from a dolly. Very challenging, but the problems have been solved. It is very fast, responsive, and stable. Very fast! YIPPEE!!

Jason T
09-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Do you have a pic of it? :)

willyb
09-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Be sure to check the area at the wing trailing edges where they join with the booms, after landing. I had a structural failure there with a boom breaking in midair, almost like a mid air collision (but no other plane was there!). It did a flat spin into the ground-not pretty. On landing one can stress this joint as there is quite a bit of weight to the back with the servoes and all. Also consider adding triangular gussets at the leading edge of the wing where it joins the boom, as the RCM reviewer did a few months ago. I am adding them as mine is still repairable. I am using OSFX 25s. It is a real blast to fly and mine will be back in the air shortly.

Bill

eal757
09-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Yes I have two pictures on the dolly, but I don`t know how to send them.

I reenforced the lower part of the booms with fiberglass, in anticipating the no landing gear landings. Maybe it will also prevent them from breaking.