PDA

View Full Version : RCM Magazine

admin
09-07-2005, 04:38 PM
To those who are not aware there are some rumblings about RCM Magazine going away. A few reliable sources have verified this but nothing official out of the magazine itself yet has been stated. I used to get this magazine when I was a kid and it was the "grand daddy" of rc mags.

rcers
09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Very sad - someone contacted the publisher and they said they gone. Not official, but what a shame if true. Seems to be the case as the June issue was the last anyone has received.

Mike

inconel710
09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes it is sad, but that's competition for you. When I started buying RC mags in the late 90's, RCM was always my second pick. It was "old school" and rarely covered anything electric. Model Air News seemed to have better articles, pictures, and more electric coverage.

Now all I read is Fly RC because, IMHO, they have the best coverage of current trends. Even the glow articles usually include something on converting the model to electric. The only articles I don't read are the engine reviews.

rcers
09-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Yep Eddie I understand, but when you have been in the hobby for 20-30-40 years that is the magazine we all relied upon. It was the "ONE" to have. I dropped my subscription years ago, and now have Fly RC.

Just a lot of old, good memories there. I have a few keepsake issues to get nostalgic with!

Mike

Rodneh
01-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I believe I have every issue of RCM ever printed. They take up a lot of room but I still enjoy going back through some of the issues.

TLyttle
01-13-2006, 02:48 AM
Yeah, I'm the same about magazines; my collection goes back to Air Trails, 1950, and I still build models from their plans. Second favourite is Model Builder; great mix of r/c, f/f, and c/l (I fly them all), and a lot of un models in there. I have random copies of FM, MAN, RCModeller, Aeromodeller, RCM&E etc, but none of them (including RCM) don't get much of my attention, mostly because of the lack of plans/building articles over the years. I would dump the copies of RCM I have in order to get a larger supply of MA, there are many interesting articles in the copies I get. Flying Models is a very good mag, and I have random copies back to 1953; again, I still build from plans in those mags.

RCM? I won't miss it. If I want a suppliers catalogue, I'll order one...

cyclops2
01-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Right, Lyttle.
It is all about running the mag. as a money maker. That is their goal.
No problem with that at all. :)

Faspro
01-27-2006, 08:27 PM
My dad gave me all his issues from 75-79. He also gave me all his AMA mags from those years.