PDA

View Full Version : Frank-n-pie AP video

JediFlyer
09-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Well after a bad crash with my poor ole MagpieAP, see MagpieAP thread, a friend of mine took some balsa, sandwiched the nose together and we have been flying it for the last few days. I am basically using it to learn the characteristics of the plane a little better before throwing it up with an expensive camera now. So here is a little video of what we did today...I am the one flying at the beginning. Gerry, my friend is doing the flying after that while I video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJJB31kzXDU

Grasshopper
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Well after a bad crash with my poor ole MagpieAP, see MagpieAP thread, a friend of mine took some balsa, sandwiched the nose together and we have been flying it for the last few days. I am basically using it to learn the characteristics of the plane a little better before throwing it up with an expensive camera now. So here is a little video of what we did today...I am the one flying at the beginning. Gerry, my friend is doing the flying after that while I video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJJB31kzXDU

She looks good in the air JF. Glad to see you've got it going again.

aviatordave
09-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Hell, from the video you cant even tell it was crashed. I'd say your back in business. Its not a bad thing to have a couple planes laying around anyways.

I wonder if anyone has ever put an easystar wing on one of these......hmm

Dave

JediFlyer
09-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah..that landing was tough..the wind was whipin at the time above the houses...came in and when I dropped down below the fence line it came whippin from a different direction...Camera looking straight down is NO GOOD...makes you sick to your stomach

Frodo
09-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Good flying and I liked the song too!:) Reminds of a song called "Spirit in the Sky", I don't know who sings it but they might have a lawsuit there!

JediFlyer
09-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Im waitin for the greedy little you know whats to start slingin around lawsuits for putting stuff like we do to music....:eek::cool:

aviatordave
09-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Ha...I watched it at work...so I had my volume muted. I'll have to watch it at home with sound.

Dave

Frodo
09-28-2006, 03:12 AM
Im waitin for the greedy little you know whats to start slingin around lawsuits for putting stuff like we do to music....:eek::cool:

I never thought of that!:eek:

Bgnome
09-30-2006, 01:41 AM
I never thought of that!:eek:

eeh... don't worry about that..
with that said.. what was the song?

JediFlyer
09-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Ooh La La by Goldfrapp