PDA

View Full Version : Camera Questions

aircruiser
09-28-2006, 04:23 AM
So I have been looking into still picture airplane cameras. I was wondering how this whole setup worked. I assume you need another channel to operate the camera, but how do you transfer it to a computer? What kind of plane do I need?

Thanks!

aviatordave
09-28-2006, 05:28 AM
You basically need a good high lift, light airplane. These three come to mind: the Slowstick, the Magpie AP, and the Easystar. These 3 planes are 3-channel operated (throttle, elevator, and rudder) so you would use another channel to operate the servo or prism to trigger the camera shutter.

I'm not sure what you mean by transfering it to a computer as I'm sure you know how to transfer pictures from a digital camera to a PC...(hint - I saw your dogs in the pet forum, and your new super cool car! :))

Unless your talking about wireless video ??

explain a little more what you are looking for......maybe we can help

Dave

aircruiser
09-28-2006, 09:08 PM
Oops! sorry!

I saw those special cameras that look like a computer chip with a lens. It looked as if it had no memory card or USB port.

I was wondering how to transfer them.

I have a digital cam about 5 punds, I think that's a bit much for a plane.

Would a 5 pund cam be to much for something like a slow stick?

BobbyDog
09-29-2006, 04:23 AM
5 pounds? thats way too heavy for a plane like slow stick. Most of the cameras people are using are around the 5 Oz range. You can buy a very small digital camera now for a couple hundred bucks. Heres a couple popular ones:

Pentax Optio
Nikon 3700 Coolpix
Aiptek Pencam

Bob

Foamaholic
10-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Aiptek MPVR is another good one, 5.5 oz., takes sd cards. Can use a Prism switch so the camera takes the pictures for you.