PDA

View Full Version : Quickie-380

biplanedan
09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
:confused: Does anyone out there have any experience with the Quickie-380 canard? My main question is how in the world do you make the elevator(located on the forward wing) work? The supplied torque rods cannot work becaues of the reverse diehedrel in the wing. I know this plane will fly because I saw videos of it flying on one of the websites, unfortionaly, their home page is down and no way of contacting them.

killervtwin
09-29-2006, 05:46 AM
I've built two and still have one stashed in the closet nib. they flew sweet until I crashed . your gnna love this plane .Ok the elevator is the most difficult.mine wrecked due to servo block breaking . becuase movement was stiff.So I recemend not to follow instructions .used two servos one for each elevator and a y connector.iether mount servos side by side and reconfigure torque rods or mountservos in the fuse and set up like linkage simular to ailorons

biplanedan
09-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks much. That's exactly what I had in mind but didn't know if it might be the best way to go. I assume down deflection of the elevator makes the airplane go up. Also is the recommended CG right?

bdelmo
11-14-2006, 02:26 AM
I am considering the purchase of a Richmodel Quickie 380 with a Cermark 2812-840 outrunner in a package power deal.

What is the type of e-power that you selected for your Quickie?

re2smpc
03-16-2008, 06:37 PM
bdelmo,

Did you ever purchase the Quickie-380? Just wondering because I have a Richmodel for sale (new in box) for $50. Comes with extra canard. I am in Downingtown. Let me know if you are interested.

bdelmo
03-17-2008, 01:52 PM
re2smpc,

Rather than buy the Quickie-380, I purchased several other planes for park flyers. No interest for your offer given that my hanger is full now. Did you notice that Richmodel USA web site now displays RCHotdeals? Note new lower price for this plane at AK-Models Price: $54.00.

re2smpc
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
OK Thanks for the reply. SInce you live in Chester County, are you a CCRC member?

bdelmo
03-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I am member of VFSS flying at Valley Forge field, but not CCRC, which is twice as far to drive.