PDA

View Full Version : Another fine day in Seattle.

kiwidave
09-29-2006, 03:30 AM
My second photo shot and I tried different camera setting (1/1000 manual focus). I still need to trim out the heli as she always wants to fly forward and I am fighting her alot.
Anyway I hope you enjoy these shots from and hour ago.

Cheers!

Kiwidave

Hey Brian, Hey Brian....I can see you house from up here.:D:)

adhoc
09-29-2006, 05:38 AM
Very nice! :)

(I'll be driving by not too far from there tomorrow morning, up 99...)

aviatordave
09-29-2006, 05:46 AM
Good job Dave! Keep working the bugs out of it, your just about there, but looks really good for me!

Looks alot like Iowa...except for the buildings, and the space needle, and the pugeot sound....and......hell its nowhere near Iowa! :p

:)

dave

Kosh
09-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Good looking pics, Mine turn out a little more fuzzy and warm but its my HQ cameras fault. If it weren't for all the hills in Iowa it would be the same as Seattle. :p

CGFlyer
09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
OK, can I make a request or would the city give you fits if you went over to GasWorks Park and got some shots? :)

kiwidave
09-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow Kosh, we have the same camera, I fixed the warm and fuzzie issue that is common with this model by changing the outer color to a rich deep blue and then rubbing it under my armpits and groin for 12-15 minutes. I have also heard that drawing ninjis and tanks on it with a magic marker can help and would be a good first step to troubleshoot the issue :D .

Dave, now you know why Seattle in considered the Iowa of the West, or is that the midwest? Where am I now?

CG, I think I could fly at gas works park, and not a bad idea either. If I can't I will dress in camo and belly crawl in (See Dave's avatar but instead of a rifle picture a Tx) and take off in stealth mode (FM2). I am just that kind of ,fly in the face of authority, guy.

Has anyone else tried to fly at GWP and had any issues?

Cheers!

Kiwidave

Kosh
09-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Not my pic but a few others have flown there without problems so far. It still might be wise to keep a short flight and get out before they can respond. I really have no idea what Seattle's policy is on RC gear other than Magnuson park where I know its ok.

CGFlyer
09-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Man, Kosh...that is like a glass of cold water on a hot day, I miss Seattle so much. The Fremont Bridge! I used to live right there, more towards SPU, but this shows my old stomping grounds....you just made my day!

Thanks again!
Chase

kiwidave
09-30-2006, 01:55 AM
Here is another one from today. I feel much happier about this now. I think I generally have the focus/camera speed issue fixed and have the heli trimmed out so I hope to do shooting daily. We in the Pacific Northwest are sooo lucky to have so many good locations and things of interest to shot. As long as it isn't raining that is :o

MarkFitzgerald
09-30-2006, 11:48 AM
On your first set you can see the home of the Seahawks, Quest Field to the right of the picture.

Warden
09-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Kosh, great pic! It looks like a scene out of a Sci-Fi movie!

kiwidave
09-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Kosh, That picture is being used on the Seattle city parks website at
http://www.seattle.gov/PARKS/parkspaces/GASWORKS.htm

I don't know if it is freebee for the city but would be nice to know that folks are making money at this game.

Cheers!

Kosh
09-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Not sure if he donated it to the city or not but here is a few of his other shots.