PDA

View Full Version : My first Air to Air

JediFlyer
10-04-2006, 01:44 AM
I saw this Vulture coming from a long way off...he saw me floating around and I guess he thought I had found a meal or something....came right over to me. I actually thought he was higher than I was, but it appears we were at the same altitude...he then got too close for me and I pulled straight up and stalled her over and he didnt like that too much and flew off.

aviatordave
10-04-2006, 03:08 AM
cool! I've tried that so many times I lost count.

thanks for sharing - Dave

firemanbill
10-04-2006, 03:12 AM
That is neat! very cool!:D

Kosh
10-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Thats cool, All I have here are the Red Tail Hawks that like to bump into planes. Its a little unnerving at first but there just curious and have to check it out. I get beaks and wing tips but never the whole bird or anything usable so good job. :cool:

redgiki
10-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah, hawks like to dive-bomb my sailplanes when I fly them out back. It's funny, they really look like they intend to tear the thing apart, but always back away right before impact and move along when I don't react.

Randy Due
10-04-2006, 11:35 PM
That's harder to do than it looks. I've tried to get them in shots many times, but only managed a couple of times....and they were not as close or good as that pic! Good job!