PDA

View Full Version : anyone evey paint a corsair camo?

predatorb
10-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a gws corsair (my first plane):) I went with a gloss aluminum paint for the intire plane.. I was going for a silver plane with yellow tipped wings but I had to cover up the yellow cos it looks really bad. so now my plane is all aluminum/silver. I'm afrad I need more color. wheni sarted thinking about a silver/black camo pattern on the corsair. what do you think?

as soon as i finish the paint job I'll post pics.:)

alienx
10-06-2006, 12:56 AM
I'd like to see pics before you paint over the aluminum. It sounds cool.

I've never seen a camo corsair, but I've never seen a silver one either. You gotta paint it the way you like it. I think it will look nice though either way.

Grasshopper
10-06-2006, 02:24 AM
Here's a version of a camo Corsair. It was on a plastic 1/48 scale model I had.

alienx
10-06-2006, 03:13 AM
That's a nice looking bird actually. What's the span on a 1:48 scale plane? I'm curious because there are a lot of good decals available out on the web but I could never figure out how to translate scale into real measurements.

Grasshopper
10-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I kind of like the camo too. 1/48 scale would have about an 8" wingspan. Way too small for our RC stuff.

alienx
10-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Glad I didn't get the 1:72 ones!!! Thanks for the tip.

CorsairJock
10-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Here's my 'chamo' painted, AXI 4130/16 powered Hangar 9 Corsair. Also, sideview drawing of the actual full scale that it is modeled after.
Also, link to an earlier thread on Hangar 9 Corsair conversions, including this one:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2685&highlight=Corsair

vax6335
10-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Keep your bird silver and paint the entire top of the wing yellow. The XF4U prototype was painted like that. Other major different was that the cockpit is moved forward. I have a GWS Corsair that I started to make into the XF4U but I never got around to finishing it.

edfire
10-27-2006, 07:55 PM
i too have a very battered,mainly through transport,not crashes.corsair,i like the royal navy,paint scheme r.n corsairs sometimes had the wingtips cut off because r.n aircraft carriers had low ceilings in the hangars.ill post a photo,when i get my scanner working.:)

trewheeler
03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Or, Aluminium Covering if you prefer ...

Anyway, this might sound crazy, but has anyone ever covered a GWS warbird with aluminum (aluminium) tape? And when I say tape I mean adhesive alumium as opposed to an iron on monokote type product.

I was thinking about an alumium Spitfire!

pd1
03-23-2007, 12:52 AM
I think Tommytorino covered a Formosa with tape. I thought it looked good, but I don't remember him beeing too pleased with the tape.
I could be wrong.