PDA

View Full Version : folding electric prop for rimfire 22?

foodstick
10-08-2006, 01:22 AM
I am scratch building a small fan fold foam powered glider. Going to use my flat foamy electronis, anyone know if the make a folding prop that will mount on a rimfire 22?
thanks for any help.

Sky Sharkster
10-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Hello Foodstick, Welcome to Wattflyer! I checked the Tower Hobbies site, the Rimfire 22M-1000 uses a 3.0 mm prop shaft. This is slightly smaller than the standard 3.2mm (1/8") hole in the Graupner CAM Folding Prop series sold here; http://hobby-lobby.com/camfold.htm but could work.
The smaller hubs in the CAM series use two Allen screws (also called "grub" screws) on either side to engage the shaft. The larger hubs use a collett that is squeezed tighter (compressing the hole diameter) as the prop nut is turned on the adapter shaft.
To be on the safe side, you should give Hobby Lobby.com a call or Email to make sure the 3.2mm's will tighten enough to fit a 3.0mm shaft.
Good Luck!
Ron

foodstick
10-10-2006, 05:47 AM
thanks for pointing me to the link.. Lots of experimenting time coming up with the darn winter only months away. I have only used the o-ring mounted type props and wasn't sure if the folding type would work ...