PDA

View Full Version : Transmitter problems

walter boehm
09-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Help! All of a sudden my Megatech PF4000 4 channel transmitter is noty communicating with my receiver. Receiver has been checked & it is ok. How can I check on what is wrong with my transmitter?

Twmaster
09-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Help! All of a sudden my Megatech PF4000 4 channel transmitter is noty communicating with my receiver. Receiver has been checked & it is ok. How can I check on what is wrong with my transmitter?

Ok, dumb questions first. Does the TX light up? (Or have a power meter?) Of course that is the simple question. Next, do you have another pair of crystals you can try? When you say the receiver has been checked how was it checked? If you cannot get it to work by trying another receiver or crystal set you may have to send it in for repair. Perhaps your LHS can be of some help. Other than the batteries or crystal there is not much we as users can repair in these sets.

Steve
09-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Start with the basics. What was happening when it stopped working? Did you check the batteries? Can you see if power is going from battery holder inside transmitter to the transmitter itself? Is it possible that the wire to the antenna on the TX is broken?

Matt Kirsch
09-12-2005, 05:05 PM
What receiver are you using? They may not be compatible.

walter boehm
09-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Thanks guys! Twmaster: my LHS tested a new transmitter & servos worked; TX light comes on; new batteries. Steve: tried all of that, but problem may be in the antenna. Matt:they were compatible...