PDA

View Full Version : Thieves Suck!

ForestCam
10-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Our neighbor alerted us this morning that the passenger door on my Toyota was open and when my wife went to check it out (I was in the shower) she found that someone had broken in and stolen my stereo.

Bad part is the stereo they took was one I found in a dumpster but the B&M Mega Shifter they smashed and bent to get the stereo out is worth $180!

That and I wish they would have boken the window instead of prying the lock out of the door because I have a spare window. Now I'm going to have to weld a patch over the lock hole, well after I get a new shifter 'cause I can't even get it out of gear now.
:mad:

firemanbill
10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Dang Forest! They really tore it up good for ya huh?:mad:

That's tough man. Not a whole lot I can do but to help you be mad... Sorry Bud!

syberjunkie
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
That really sucks, I can feel for you as I have had my Lightning broken in to before. They went through everything and even took all of my spare change I had throw in the cup holders/ashtray/under the seat, etc...

vax6335
10-16-2006, 09:07 PM
That sucks man. Any thief that decides to steal something from me better hope I don't catch them cause the cops are gonna have to come unchain the bleeding crying guy from my porch.

Sky Sharkster
10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Forest, Sorry to hear about your car, that's really bad news. Lucky you didn't have anything else of value in the car, that would be gone too. Tearing up the shifter and door is unforgivable, costs you time, inconvenience and $$$ so they can get a few bucks at a pawn shop.
Maybe it's time for a Rottweiller?
Ron

TeslaWinger
10-17-2006, 02:01 AM
The more I learn about people

the more I trust my dog.

Have you considered a carsnake?

olmod
10-17-2006, 02:01 AM
Soz to hear your trubs,brings to mind a friend who bred bull terriers one of them was an inside dog and kept looking out the windows at the drive way,the owner thought he had better check on it and saw a guy waist deep into the window of his car so he let the dog out quietly:) the dog knew what to do instictivly and took a great mouthful of the guys seat and hung on for grim death ,the guy screaming blue murder took of down the street with the dog still hanging on :D about 20 minutes later the dog came home very proud of himself :) police did a search of local docs and hospitals and got him , serves him right i reckon :)

firemanbill
10-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Soz to hear your trubs,brings to mind a friend who bred bull terriers one of them was an inside dog and kept looking out the windows at the drive way,the owner thought he had better check on it and saw a guy waist deep into the window of his car so he let the dog out quietly:) the dog knew what to do instictivly and took a great mouthful of the guys seat and hung on for grim death ,the guy screaming blue murder took of down the street with the dog still hanging on :D about 20 minutes later the dog came home very proud of himself :) police did a search of local docs and hospitals and got him , serves him right i reckon :)

Now that's JUSTICE!

EpoweredRc
10-17-2006, 02:24 AM
wow that sucks, thats why I got a alarm , autally I decided it was worth $300 for a alarm with a panic button after i was car jacked at gun point.

Don Sims
10-17-2006, 03:26 AM
:(

ForestCam
10-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Putting an alarm on my Toyota would be like putting a stained glass window in an outhouse. It's just my mud toy and it's been sitting since March because it needs pads and rotors and I haven't had the time nor the ambition to do it but I've had the parts since last summer.

Checked things out further this afternoon and after removing the broken cover and bending the shifter back into place I found that I could shift it if I used both hands, one to pull and the other to work the ratchet mechanism because the finger pull T was snapped off.

Did find some other bad news though. You can almost make it out below the lighter, there's two double pole double throw centering toggle switches to run the power windows and the thief broke them both getting the stereo out. Those little buggers were hard to find and when I did finally find a pair they were $15 each.

aircruiser
10-21-2006, 02:10 AM
That is really depressing to see!! :(

Looks like what the dash in the sebring was like when it was tore open to get the new alarm in!!

firemanbill
10-21-2006, 02:18 AM
I had to put a heater core in a Plymouth breeze once and the dash looked a lot like that as well... At least we could put ours back together AC...

Any luck fixing her up yet Forest? It sure looks like a fun toy!

aircruiser
10-21-2006, 02:26 AM
No kidding firemanbill!!

Yours doesn't look like much fun to put back together, not that mine was either.......but that is a really nice truck!!!!

Good luck and hopefully this never happens again.......this was a problem we had...theives that is........when we lived back in Minneapolis............they most definitly do suck!!

ForestCam
10-21-2006, 02:45 AM
Nope not yet. As luck would have it my wife's Pissat blew a heater core last week and at the moment her dash looks worse then the Toyota's! LOL

God I hate that car!

BTW, that was the last straw, seriously looking at a 4Runner on ebay to replace the Pissat. I may be making a road trip to Cleveland next Saturday. :D

firemanbill
10-21-2006, 02:53 AM
well I feel for you having to do a heater core as well. That is no fun no matter what kind of car it is...

Why do they make those things so dang hard to get to.

Another reason to love my Beetles!

ForestCam
10-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Actually I started on it last night. Worked for an hour untill I got stuck and it got dark. Looked up "B3 Passat heater core replacement" on Google and low and behold there was a step by step guide on the VWvortex forum and I was only three steps (out of 16) from getting the entire heater box out. Got it out and back in in an hour tonight so now I just have the other 13 steps (in reverse) to go tomorrow.

I asked for a upper radiator hose for a '73 Bug once, it was part of a scavanger hunt and the other two guys behind the counter were laughing hystericaly as the new guy looked in the book (pre-computer days) for about 5 minutes. :D

firemanbill
10-21-2006, 03:24 AM
LOL... I had a friend of mine call me the other day about trying to find a water pump for a bug... I could hear his other buddies laughing in the background at him so I played along for a while... He is still mad at all of us:rolleyes:

aviatordave
10-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Sorry to hear about the break in, I just saw this thread. I replaced a heater core once......and only once. You need to know Yoga to position yourself under the dash..at least I did.

have fun and good luck

Dave