PDA

View Full Version : GWS Rufe

John.G
09-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Has anyone converted one of these kits(gws zero)to a Rufe(float plane)as I was thinking after the Corsair gets its makeover that I might try this one as I have a slope one.Yes I'll use brushless on a gear drive as well it would have to have rudder.I was thinking about the GWS floats for it use one and the other for back up.Do you think it would keep it up in the water as well as stand up(damage)?Let me know what your thoughts would be about this.John

arizonajoe
09-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I've been thiking of doing the same thing. The floats look fairly close to scale. the out riggers will be alittle bit of problem. I haven't worked it out yet. arizonajoe

Twmaster
09-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Geez and I thought I was the only one goofy enough to want to build a Rufe out of my GWS Zeke!

As for the outrigger floats you could carve them from 2" thick blue foam.

:D

WWI Ace
09-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey John. I saw the exact plane that you are talking about in a video on www.e-flightline.com's (http://www.e-flightline.com's) website. It was a GWS Zero with GWS floats. You might check there. If the video isn't still up you might email them about it.:D

John.G
09-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Hello WWI Ace I've tried to get the site but not able to get it are you sure of the site sorry to ask but its not working.John

WWI Ace
09-14-2005, 06:23 PM
John. Type it in again just like I spelled it. It worked for me.

Twmaster
09-14-2005, 06:30 PM
The software for the forum added the apostrophe-S. Try this link:

www.e-flightline.com

Click videos.

John.G
09-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Hello Mike thats just what I thought of thanks for the link.I'm still going to do it but something a little different I think as the one I have is of the slope kind its not painted so its a canvas waiting to be done.Again thanks,John