PDA

View Full Version : First AP Video & tilting camera mount

TaSaJaRa
09-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Well got my new camera for my AP Plane and tried it out the other day.
Not to bad for my first try. The video is compressed a bit to save space.

I am using a Slow Stick that has a custom wing with ailerons and using a 5mp Pentax S5z camera.

I got a few A2A shots along the way.

Click here to watch my First-Slow-Stick-AP-video (http://media.putfile.com/First-Slow-Stick-AP-video)

Also built a new camera mount.

I now have a camera mount that I can adjust during flight to change the angle of which I take a picture.
No big cost to make. I used paint sticks and a little light ply. Along with some old IPS gear boxes for the bearings and bearing holders. I used the shafts from the same gear boxes cut down to fit as my support through the bearings.
I just trimmed the back off the gear box and was left with a nice plate with a 4 screw mount to hold the bearing.
It turned out pretty well. I could change the servo arms a little to get more tilt. But for now I have all I need. :D

Check Out how it works on this video.....
Camera Mount Video (http://static.rcgroups.com/gallery/data/500/46301Tilting_Camera_Mount_Movie.MPG)

Let me know what you think.

Later Craig

inconel710
09-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Very nice! Good job on that mount.

nakelp86
09-20-2005, 05:35 PM
great job
U could use a bit stronger servo for tilt

Vamooska
09-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Super Nice Job sir!

I like the mechanical setup on the tilt....excellent:D
Cheers
Vammy

TaSaJaRa
09-21-2005, 05:26 AM
great job
U could use a bit stronger servo for tilt
The tilt is done on a knob control I turn, not a switch. If I hook it to the landing gear switch it moves from one point to the other much quicker. But by using the knob I can stop at any of the points between side view to full tilt.
I will be adding ball links to make it smoother. Also I will be moving the control rod closer to the shaft to get more movement. It's in the outer hole on the servo horn.

Guys thanks for the comments.

nakelp86
10-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Noneless, Excellent job !!!!!!!!!!