PDA

View Full Version : GP Polycharger lacking

bobzilla
09-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Well, I got my 4 position GP polycharger today..and quite disappointed and I haven't even charged a battery yet!

No adapters/connectors or plugs are provided with the charger.
So a trip to RadioShacker to buy (8) banana plugs, off to the hobby store to buy 4 deans plugs (males), off to the electronic store to buy a power supply to power the unit from and now 2-3 hours making up 4 lipo to charger connections. Let's not forget the solder, shrink wrap, and wire needed also....whew...
Anyone else find an easier way to hookup..??

bobzilla
www.theultimategamer.net (http://www.theultimategamer.net)

ragbag
09-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Are we having fun yet daddy????

That is almost as bad as getting the Tamiya plugs on your cord and cutting them off first thing, still don't know why I put them in a drawer I don't plan on ever using them.

Has anyone come up with a use for them?
By George

rcers
09-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, I got my 4 position GP polycharger today..and quite disappointed and I haven't even charged a battery yet!

I got news for you. To keep the price down, that is what they do. Very few include the charge adaptors. They indicate this in the info as well. I use Sermos, and JST you use deans, others use mini-deans so you can see why that would be a bust.

It is an awesome charger, even the high end $200 chargers don't include leads! (usually).

Mike

Twmaster
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM

So a trip to RadioShacker to buy (8) banana plugs, off to the hobby store to buy 4 deans plugs (males), off to the electronic store to buy a power supply to power the unit from and now 2-3 hours making up 4 lipo to charger connections. Let's not forget the solder, shrink wrap, and wire needed also....whew...
Anyone else find an easier way to hookup..??

Geez, how can you expect the maker of the charger to know what leads -you- use? Making a set of leads for the various batteries I use was a snap.

Twmaster
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Are we having fun yet daddy????

That is almost as bad as getting the Tamiya plugs on your cord and cutting them off first thing, still don't know why I put them in a drawer I don't plan on ever using them.

Has anyone come up with a use for them?

Slingshot ammo?

bobzilla
09-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey, they could at least supply the 8 banana plugs...it's a gimme
on that side of the wire.. or put in their advertisments that
additional wiring required. hey? Even most ARF manufactures include
was is required to complete model.

rcers
09-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey, they could at least supply the 8 banana plugs
I fully agree but then the price goes to $110 and $115 and they loose that cool advantage of being under the all important $100 dollar mark. It seems as if most feel like stuff that is under $100 is cheap, but over is expensive.

All a game. I hear you, but they want to sell you their connectors!

Batteries not included - what can I say :D

Mike