PDA

View Full Version : himax stick motor mount

loker
09-15-2005, 10:09 PM
I have a couple of himax outrunners, the 2812 series, using the stick motor mount. the aluminum stick motor mounts have bent during high rpm snaps, and they are now useless, and I will have to either get more, or reconfigure my plane for a firewall. anybody else have this problem with weak stick motor mounts for himax outrunners?( the gearboxes are much stronger, no problem there). thanx

Spaceclam
09-17-2005, 05:00 AM
if they are toasted i will gladly take them...

loker
09-17-2005, 05:07 PM
are you joking? it's not the motors, it's the mounts. you still want them?

Steve
09-17-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking that I prefer the firewall mount. It's not as easy a setup, but those stick mounts are hard to fix when you dork your plane in. They really place a lot of pressure on the whole nose structure of the plane.

I'm building a foamie now and building a drop in motor mount for the brushless I'm going to use. I'm designing it so it will break away pretty easily if needed and allow me to fix it by just sliding it out when needed.

Spaceclam
09-17-2005, 11:13 PM
dang. i was hoping for a bustd up motor to work on.Cheers,-Clam

ForestCam
09-18-2005, 01:23 AM
All I've done is make a plate out of thin ply so I can attach my outrunner mount directly to a GWS gearbox housing. Simple and strong.

Dr Kiwi
09-19-2005, 02:02 AM
I don't have mine here to check it, but perhaps an AXI 2808 stick mount from Top Creations might work. The Himaxx outrunners have threaded holes at 16mm centers. As I have done for test bench running, you could always use a Cobri or TM 2800 stick-mount gearbox (without the gear shaft of course).

Cheers, Phil