PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 182 linkage

John Seidelman
09-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Put together my Parkflyers 182 and the trim settings don't quite center the horiz. stab. Can I go into the servo and adjust there by loosening the screw and re position it to the center?
I have turned the horn all the way down and tried all three holes, there is still a slight up on the stab.

Twmaster
09-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Put together my Parkflyers 182 and the trim settings don't quite center the horiz. stab. Can I go into the servo and adjust there by loosening the screw and re position it to the center?
I have turned the horn all the way down and tried all three holes, there is still a slight up on the stab.

This should be a simple fix. Turn the TX on then turn on the Receiver. Make sure the servo is centered as in the stick is in the middle and the trim lever is also centered. Turn off the receiver and TX in that order. Remove the arm from the servo. reposition the arm so that the elevator (this also works for the rudder and other control surfaces) are level. Put the arm back on the servo. Put the screw back in the arm to the servo.

That should do it. Easy like Pie, yes? :D

John Seidelman
09-16-2005, 12:25 AM
I had hoped it would be that simple. But as the only other plane I have delt with was the FireBird Scout I wasn't sure.

Thanx
Took the screw out and repositioned the horn to set at zero. The only problem was my fat old fingers had a hard time with that tiny screw, in that very small cavity. Used a small magnet to put the screw in place and it is a wonderful thing........

Thanx again