PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Snowflake

aircruiser
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I woke up to hear my brother crying and my parents were at his bedside and said that Snowflake, the dog we had for 9 years, had died.

We got him 9 years ago at age 2 when the previous owners had no time for him and the owners before them had severly abused him. He had seizures and had other problems from the abuse, but was always a great dog. Always friendly and playful until a year ago when he got arthritus. Last night he wouldn't get up and he did not eat and kept throwing up. This morning my dad went down to feed him and pet him, and when he felt his heart, it was beating really fast and then it stopped.

Snowflake died peacefully and he was taken to the emergency vet immediatly when his heart stopped, but he had already died.

He was a very near and dear family member and he was like a brother.

He will be missed extremly much.

R.I.P.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

firemanbill
11-05-2006, 08:59 PM
AC my heart goes out to you and your family.:(

It is so hard to lose a family member. Those of you who do not have pets, Yes they are family members!

Snowflake had a good home, the kind of home a loving animal deserves. You and you and your family are special people to take in an animal that had been abused. You never know how that will turn out, whether they will be good in a home after that. The love you showed him made it special.

It is a sad day...:(

smc331
11-05-2006, 09:11 PM
It is very hard to lose our little fur-babies - they are indeed our family members. Know that you folks did a wonderful thing by taking him in and giving him a wonderful, loving home. Just remember all of the good times you had with him. My condolences for your loss.

This link may help just a little:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Scott

aircruiser
11-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Thank you, this helps alot

I am still in tears while thinking about him.

The vet always said Snowflake was a great dog, most American Eskimos were fiesty and such. Snowflake was a cuddle dog who would come up to you and want to be petted.

I dunno how I am gonna get throught tomorrow.

:( :(

Don Sims
11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Hate to read that your dog died Air. Give our best to you and your family.

Grasshopper
11-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Sorry to hear about Snowflake Aircruiser. Words can offer little comfort at times like these but you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom

aircruiser
11-06-2006, 03:03 AM
I appreciate hearing all this.

All I know is that he is in a better place now.

Thank you again.

Quattro
11-06-2006, 04:03 AM
Aircruiser, we feel your pain. Positive thoughts inbound and RIP Snowflake.

We lost one of our boys last Tuesday to a seizure he couldn't pull out of. Barley was nine as well and was a great spirit.....deeply missed for sure. We didn't sleep at all the night he passed and many tears were shed over the next couple days.

I just try to focus on what a great nine years he had and try to appreciate all the time I have left with the family he left behind (8 brothers and sisters all rescues and adoptions).

I'd like to think Snowflake and Barley are chasing squirrels together over the Rainbow Bridge!
:)

aircruiser
11-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Yeah, except Snowflake was more of a house dog, never took to chasing squirrels. :D

Thank you all for your support and helping me through this hard time.

First night in nine years sleeping without him will be tough..

Today though, we decided to try and get things off our minds by going flying.

We went to hollows and I found a new passion for driving on baseball fields with my stampede, also, the commander 2 flew into a tree and the cub had a mid air collision with my dad and we both survived.

This is why I love this hbby called R/C, you can escape reality until you get the bill for parts..

It is also hardest to lose someone so suddenly.

Back when I was 6 my grandma died, 2 months later my great aunt and the month after that my other great aunt.

At 6 you don't really under stand all this stuff dealing with death.

Now this one has left a big mark.

Thank you again.

-Grant

Crash Test Dummy
11-06-2006, 05:12 AM
My Condolences Aircruiser,

5 years ago I had to put my dog Mandy down, she had cancer and I'll tell you that was one of the hardest things I've had to do, so far in my adult life. They are family members and they will be missed. We got our curent dog about a 1.5 years aftrer we lost Mandy to cancer. Baby is 10+ years old and I know it wont be too many more years before she is gone. The funny thing is that we found both of them [Mandy and Baby] and the Vet told us they both were a mix of Lab and Pitbull. They both were and are firendly as the Lab but strong and stocky like the Pit. Snowflake's pain is past and Snowflake is at peace.

CTD

adhoc
11-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Grant, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. Snowflake sounds like a true friend...

You say that a sudden loss is the hardest, but I know of an even worse way for it to happen...

Puck was my buddy cat for 10 years. We adopted him from a shelter on Father's day; he was way in the back, half asleep, and scared to death of everyone. All white, slightly longer than usual fur, and little elfin ears. He had a kink in his tail; I suspect he was either abused, or just had it accidently slammed in a door. He was always scared of strangers, but he and I bounded so closely. He would lick my hair; I assumed he was "grooming" me. I was the only one he would totally relax with, and lay back with his belly exposed for me to rub.

All of our cats have always been indoor-only cats. Early this year Puck escaped out the front door of the house we were renting. This had happened a few times before, but usually we managed to get him back in after a while. He was totally scared to death of the outdoors. Well, this time he wouldn't come back in. For a long time he hung out in the crawl space under the rental house. I tried everything to lure him back in, and later to trap him (humanely). I even had a little video camera set up for a while, where I could track his coming and going (the "Puck-cam"). It was so frustrating to know he was so close, but we couldn't get him back in. It was also painful that he wouldn't recognize us, but some cats get locked down into "defense mode" and don't act rationally, and that was Puck...

This went on for weeks and then months. After a while I saw him less and less often, and I started to despair of ever getting him back. And then we found and bought a home of our own, and moved out of the rental. That's when I had to face the likelihood that I would never see Puck again.

I can't tell you how many times I've cried for him. I never got closure; I don't know if he is alive or dead, if he's found another family, or if he is feral and miserable. I'll probably never know now. I had to let him go, and yet I can't totally, 100% let him go, because there is still a very slim possibility that he could turn up, that I could find him again. I still fly sometimes at the park across the street from where we rented that house, and I can't help but scan the houses and yards, hoping against hope that I might catch a glimpse of my white cat, my old friend...

Here's to our animal friends... The feelings run deep and strong, and are hard to explain to others...

Twizter68
11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Grant, you have the sympathies of a very understanding squid...our oldest "child", Cuddles went into a coma last night, and died this morning. She was our "First Baby", and our "Special Child" (a blue baby, she was always a bit dingy; I suspect she had a bit of brain damage due to oxygen starvation at birth) but she was also such a sweetheart...my wife is inconsolable.....

The worst part of it is, they are in Texas, and I'm in Virginia!

Just remember the good times you had with your four footed brother, in the end, that's what's important.

aircruiser
11-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Thank you all again.

I'm also sorry to hear of your losses also Adhoc, CTD and Twizter, it is hard no matter if you have ahead notice or not.

I stayed home from school today because last night I fell asleep at 12:00 and woke up at 2:00a.m. with a really bad pain in my gut.

As soon as I told my mom and she came in, I had to let it out. It felt good to cry and that there were others there to support me. I didn't go back to sleep until 7:00a.m. and woke back up at noon. Now I have to go to work at 3:00-7:00.

I really miss snowflake, and my other dog, Conner, knows what's going on too. Today he just laid on the couch staring out the window.

It hurts.

Thank you again.

Twizter68
11-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Aircruiser, give Conner extra attention and love, he's going to need it, and it will help you, too.

aircruiser
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah, first thing I did when I woke up is went down stairs to the couch and gave him a big hug and spent about 2 hours with him.

aircruiser
11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Tonight is night two...last night was really tough and tonight me, mom and brother are all sleep ing downstairs and probably conner too.

Like I said, I didn't really know my grandparents, or great aunts, their deaths were tough, but I never really cried or got sick to my stomache. Yes I did weep and I do miss them alot, but snowflake was like a brother, and it is really hard for me to deal with it.

I'm sorry, I'm just letting things out.

Tonight we ate out with chinese food, and both me and my brother's fortune cookies daid "someone is looking out for you"

now I can tell everything is alright.

firemanbill
11-07-2006, 10:59 AM
It will get easier Grant, give it time. It is good you have a close family to support each other. And a place like WF to talk about how you feel as well.:)

aircruiser
11-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Thank you Bill and I sure hope it will.

Last night was another rough one. I get this feeling of loneliness every so often. And on top of it I have work, I stayed home from school again, but definitly gonna have to go back tomorrow. Life can be rough.