PDA

View Full Version : Re previous TREX blue's!

Adrian
11-08-2006, 10:30 PM
All aspect's of my previous issue's in thread's listed below are now "history"! Now got about 2hr's or so on it & I'm starting to fly it, rather than just hover about. No nastie's to report, just good solid air time:cool: . this is my 1st cp model with a gyro & am finding it a damm sight easier to fly than my fixed pitch. Although I do switch off the heading gyro in hover mode as it seems to make the heli drift (left, tail in mode),altough once moving forward at speed this trait disappear's. Indoor's I'm restricted to an area the size of a tennis court,(actually it IS a tennis court) though the guy's who run the place say that's good discipline, I'm finding it easier to fly outdoor's. I'm flying mainly in large eliptical type circuits at the moment at height's between 1&7M's. I'm no longer the"new guy" at the club, 2 guy's have just joined (although 1st 2 wk's other member's "set" the heli's up) & they are just taking 1st flight's I feel like one of the "old Boy's" LOL. :D

leapfrog
12-05-2006, 05:07 AM
So... how's it going Adrian... been a while since we heard from you...

Adrian
12-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Not flown it much recently because of all the bad weather over here in UK at mo. Torrential rain & fierce winds are keeping me to 1 evening a week indoors, which means on only 4 batts an evening (approx 1/2 hr total flight time) Progress is S-L-O-W:( . Im starting to build up my speeds now & am moving it around more, no 3D for a LONG while yet (if ever! LOL) No drama's with the heli either, but have bought more spares waiting for the inevitable "terra firma interface"