PDA

View Full Version : Salute to fellow Veterans

aviatordave
11-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Time to say thanks to all my fellow veterans. Thanks for protecting our freedom and way of life!

*Bring the POW's Home*

Dave

Sergeant, US Army
1st Special Forces Group
Ft. Lewis, Washington
1986-1990

<Edit.....Veterans or non-Veterans are surely welcome to reply! :) >

(below is a picture I took of the Cedar Rapids, IA Veterans Memorial a few months back)

Grasshopper
11-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Don't know if I should be in here or not since I'm not a Veteran, but I would like to take the time to thank all of you that have served. It's because of you that we enjoy the freedoms we do.

I sincerely appreciate and respect each of you.

God Bless You and Thank you!

Tom

aviatordave
11-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Sure Grasshopper! Everybody is invited - I edited my post to reflect that. Thanks for the kind words!

Dave

max2112
11-11-2006, 07:03 PM
I'll raise a glass to that Dave! Being a soldier is what I've wanted to do since I was a kid. I've been at it over seventeen years now and I'm still having a blast.

Here's my heartfelt THANK-YOU to all who have served.

And a sincere You're Welcome to all who support us.

firemanbill
11-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I'll second that as well!

To our... to MY Veterans! God Bless them all!

I proudly served 20 yrs and 21 days!!!

USAF Retired
1981 - 2001

smc331
11-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Dave,

Thanks for bringing this to all of our attention again!

My son is serving in Iraq with Fort Lewis' Stryker Brigade - he just shipped back over after his mid-deployment leave. (Little rascal got married while he was back :D) He's scheduled to be over there through June '07 - Maybe we can get him involved in RC planes once he gets back!

Thanks to all who have served and still do serve - keep them and their families in your prayers, guys...

Scott

(Note to moderators: Additional smilies needed! "Salute", "Raised Glass in Toast" and "Hand Over Heart") :)

DIALED/CHUCK
11-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Aho!

Though I never have had to put my life on the line for this country in the line of service, I envy the courage, persistence, and strength of those who have done so by their own free will.

We stand on your shoulders; every one of you. Though I cannot speak for everyone else...I can for myself when I say:

For my peace, prosperity, and family...I thank every one of you who has put on a uniform, kissed your family goodbye, spent your 10th holiday on deployment, stressed over how you were going to pay the bills on a military salary...and wondered if anyone really cared or understood.

I may not fully understand your sacrifice and your reasons for choosing the life you did...but you can bet your life I appreciate every one of you EVERYDAY...and I care!

God bless, VETS...god bless!

--C

Rugar
11-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Thank You to all that are serving or have served for this great Country!

Don Sims
11-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks Vets for what you did and your service to our great nation!

Cborrow
11-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Thank you to any and all who have served this country, We salute you.

aircruiser
11-13-2006, 02:52 AM
Thank you Vetrans!

debhicks
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
My husband 22 years plus

Me 20 years

Retired SMSgt and TSgt respectively.

I would personally do it again.

N3CLI
11-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Only 3 years as a First Lt. Pharmacist at Ft Gordon, but proud to have served my country Guys and Girls