PDA

View Full Version : anybody make a Lockheed L-10 Electra kit?

firemanbill
11-15-2006, 12:09 AM
I am wanting to build a replica of Amelia Earhart's L-10 Electra. I have searched high and low for a kit to no avail...:(

Does anyone know where to find such a creature?

Twizter68
11-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Last I heard, there was one somewhere in the Pacific.....;)

firemanbill
11-15-2006, 11:26 PM
ummmmm yeah... I don't want THAT one... lol

I would like to build one though but have not had any luck finding a kit.

Twizter68
11-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Seriously, I checked Uncle Willie's for plans, and he does'nt have it...

firemanbill
11-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah I've looked everywhere and cannot find a thing. It seems like at least 1 or 2 people somewhere would have done it...

If I could pull it off it would really be unique that's for sure!

Then again, I'd probably just lose it...:eek:

Twizter68
11-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Try here; it's just a plastic model, but you could use it to roough out a plan...

http://www.ameliaflight.com/ameliaflight/flightstore.po

Item #9214

firemanbill
11-16-2006, 01:57 AM
That might be the way to go but I have never built a stick built...

so doing one from scratch would be diving in the shallow end head first I do believe...:(

I think I may be up for the challenge though!:D

Grasshopper
11-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Go ahead Bill, you can do it!

38 Lightning
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Well....I'm building one right now. It took me a while to find a 3 view planeform. The lucky thing was it was on a website of somebody who is restoring one. In the restoration section, he has pictures of different sections from inside, so you can see the fuse ribs at various places. If anyone is interested I'll post some pics and even do a build thread if people are really interested

firemanbill
03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Well....I'm building one right now. It took me a while to find a 3 view planeform. The lucky thing was it was on a website of somebody who is restoring one. In the restoration section, he has pictures of different sections from inside, so you can see the fuse ribs at various places. If anyone is interested I'll post some pics and even do a build thread if people are really interested

Please DO! I would love to follow along and possibly even copy your hard work!:D

And Welcome to WattFlyer! What a great first post.:cool:

Whitebar
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM

38 Lightning, could you send to me or post the electra restoration website , I'm thinking of modelling the electra for Flight Simulator. Thanks.