PDA

View Full Version : Top Flite Elder 40

Vinman
09-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Hello, This is my first post. Been around for a little bite. Love the board. Great info.
I'm working on a elder and I'm going electric. Justin at HL said to go with the AXI 2826/12, Jeti 40 esc, TP3s2p 4200 and a 13x10 prop. From what I've read the Castle 45 would be better. And any other motor with the same power is almost twice as much as the AXI. I saw the TP3s2p 4200 and the Castle 45 for $170 on ebay. Sounds like it may be a good deal. I'm new to RC flight. And I have a trainer now. But I'm going to need a radio. I'm thinking the Hitec Eclipse 7 w/Spectra Module. That should be all the radio I will ever need. And the price is good.
Well I think:rolleyes: I've got a starting point anyway.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Vin

Rugar
09-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Hello, This is my first post. Been around for a little bite. Love the board. Great info.
I'm working on a elder and I'm going electric. Justin at HL said to go with the AXI 2826/12, Jeti 40 esc, TP3s2p 4200 and a 13x10 prop. From what I've read the Castle 45 would be better. And any other motor with the same power is almost twice as much as the AXI. I saw the TP3s2p 4200 and the Castle 45 for $170 on ebay. Sounds like it may be a good deal. I'm new to RC flight. And I have a trainer now. But I'm going to need a radio. I'm thinking the Hitec Eclipse 7 w/Spectra Module. That should be all the radio I will ever need. And the price is good.
Well I think:rolleyes: I've got a starting point anyway.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Vin

Either the Eclipse 7 or the Optic 6 are both good radios. The Optic has 1 less channel but has more mixing features and also is a little lower in price. You can also get it with the spectra module. The Optic 6 is the newest Radio out from Hitec.

I have a New Phx 45 for sale in the sale forums if your interested.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1223

Gerald

Vinman
09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Hello Gerald,
Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the 6. And it seems that the 6 is a little better than the 7. I don't think I would ever use more then 6 anyway. And all the reviews on the 6 are better too. I've read that the spectra module eats the 600ma that the radio comes. I could use the diff. from the 7 to get a bigger one.
Thanks,
Vin

Rugar
09-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Here is what I did. Pictures are on page two if this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328126&highlight=optic+6+battery+

Gerald

Elfwreck
09-19-2005, 05:27 PM
[quote=Vinman]Hello Gerald,
Thanks for the info. I've been looking at the 6. And it seems that the 6 is a little better than the 7. I don't think I would ever use more then 6 anyway.
Hey now,
You know, last year I bought an Evo 12. I thought at the time that I should have bought the nine channel as I'd nevver use those extra channels... Ayup, I've now got a project that's going to "need" all twelve.
Ya never know where this game will lead...
RobII