PDA

View Full Version : Trex parts and build

comets8518
11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I recently bought my first heli, a prebuilt Trex XL CDE. It came with bundles of spares and all sorts of confusing things.

I know HDE is mechanical mixing where CDE is 120 ccpm mixing.
What parts are different and what part of the build is different.
I'm watching Finless's build video's, the complete build is of a HDE though. I'm learning a lot of which each part is but I'm wondering where its not going to be the same. The way I understand it is the swash plate shape and a couple of links are different sizes, but basically, the body, the head, the blades, the belt, the tail, the gears, the motor set up, etc etc should all be the same?

thanks guys

Inseminator
11-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi Comets

Yes and no... The body is different, I will try and explain. HDE is mechanical mixing it only uses 1 servo to move your swash and pitch and you set your transmitter to suit. CDE is electronic mixing it uses 3 servos to move your swash, pitch, Aleron, Elevator and you set your transmitter so it knows that it is controlling 3 servos for 4 channels. The 3 servos are generally positioned directly under the swash plate, so the body is different. They are different to set up. HDE is easy and CDE is a bit harder more for experts. the head - above the swash, the blades, the belt, the tail, the gears, the motor set up, etc etc is the same. Hope this helps.... A good website to visit is www.trextunning.com (http://www.trextunning.com) it is very informitive.

comets8518
11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
alright thats what I thought. I can kind of see that difference just by watching the video. But I'm trying to learn part names and part shapes and uses by watching and its good to know theres a lot of carry over