PDA

View Full Version : Powered glider

Adrian
11-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Been looking at getting into "ting's wid wing's" Been flying heli's for almost a year now, feel the need to expand. I've got a Futaba FF9, & a case full of electrical goodies. Been looking at a 2nd hand, but barely used 600 powered 2M, rudder-elevator glider, (owner now just fly's heli's or shockie's) I will mainly want to fly off local slopes (headlands above beach or cliff's) I've spent loads of hr's on flight sim, what are my chances?

AEAJR
11-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Chances are very good. Why an electric glider for the slope. Why not an unpowered slope glider?

The tricky thing about slope soaring is the landing areas are often hard, rough, rocky or small. If that is your case I would suggest you look for a foam plane. If you want electric for the "safety" factor, consider the Multiplex Easy Glider.

If you have a large grassy landing area, then a 2M balsa built up sailplane can be a very good choice for the slope. I prefer aileron or elevon planes on the slope as I feel that they handle the turbulance better but many people slope R/E planes.

Hope that helps

AEAJR
12-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Did you get a glider? How is the slope soaring going?

Adrian
12-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Been looking at a 2m (6ft) 2nd hand glider, but he's um'mmin'n'aaarin over wether he's giong to sell, sort of left it in his hands. I'm in no rush the weather over here in the UK is bloody awful this time of yr, I wouldnt put a dog out in it! It's powered by a brushed 600 (If I remember correctly) includes 2 batts rx & servos. rudder & elavator only. But I'm only looking for a relaxing "cruiser" If no joy by the spring, will start looking for something simular at LHS. Been on flight sim for many months now, & find gliders V relaxing (afterflying TREX heli's)

AEAJR
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Sailplanes are Wonderful!
http://www.rchangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5356Pop-Offs (http://www.rchangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5356Pop-Offs)