PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird imitates a phoenix

Naja
11-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I have/had a day old thunderbird 9.....I reversed my power connector unknowingly, unfortunately a li'll distraction from the Wife as I plugged it it for a test.....Up in smoke.

My question is Is there any way to replace the 2 burned out micro chips closest to the power lead. Surprisingly enough it will power up and chirp, but not power the motor....The 2 chips are obviously burnt....Anyway hate to just toss it in the trash. Any repair program or sugestions?

Larry3215
11-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Castle has a very very generous repair replacement policy.

I forget the details but I think its a max of 1/2 the cost of the controller to fix it or its some rediculously low flat rate.

Call them or just send it in with a note and a way for them to contact you. You will be pleased.

Larry

Joe Ford
11-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Naja...we can give you a brand new one for $12...that includes shipping back to you anywhere in the world. Send it in with a note stating what happened, your full name, mailing address, and phone #. We accept personal checks, money orders, and credit cards w/in the US. Outside the US credit card only. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. I'm always happy to help. :)

Naja
11-23-2006, 02:45 PM
WOW!!!!! Thanks guys I was beginning to think I was retarded for asking.http://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/sign70.gif I will send it out with a check and explanation. Glad I payed a little bit extra for American and quality.http://www.msnemoticons4u.com/countries/United_States.gif

firemanbill
11-23-2006, 02:53 PM
You can't beat good customer service!

Way to go Joe, and the rest of Castle!:D :D :D

GallopingGhost
01-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Castle was #1 with me before I read this thread. They rate even higher now. I've never had a problem with anything that I have from them so I didn't know anything about their service. Keep it up Castle!

xray328
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Yep. I just got a new TB-18 for $15 after I over amped it. I buy nothing but Castle ESC's and Berg receivers. I've never had a quality issue and thier customer service is #1 IMHO. As far as reversing polarity, I did that once, then I got Dean's ultra plugs and haven't done it since.