PDA

View Full Version : GP Corsair control throws

Rsiaviation
11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Hello,
I recently bought a GP corsair, I have built it and flown it but the aleron throws are not enough. I move the conector to the outermost hole on the servo and the the wire is in the second hole as the manuel suggested. I have been unable to increase the control throws to get an adequete control surface movment. Any thoughts or sugestions are welcomed.

Rsiaviation

Grasshopper
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Can you move the push rod closer in on the aileron control horn? The closer you move it toward the aileron, the more travel you will get. You might also be able to put a longer servo arm on it for more travel. Another possibility is to drill another hole in the control horn closer to the ailerons. Just check to make sure that adding more throw doesn't put them in a bind with too much travel.

Tom

Tim Wolff
11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
This one?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHPC0&P=ML

I found a servo in each wing panel to be the best soultion to the alierion contol linkage problem.

Rsiaviation
11-21-2006, 01:17 AM
The problem with moving the control rod to the inermost hole on the aleron horn is that the retainers that you have on the rod are glued on as the manual stated and there is barley enough wire to reach the servo so cutting it is not an option. Also I wonder if temperature affects the hinges as it seems I have a greater throw in my room at about 70 degrees compared to the 40 degree temperature outside. My dad did sugest rehinging the alerons so that they would be able to move with very little resistance.

So other than the slight aleron problem I love this little plane. It looks realy cool and flies great. I have a c-10 esc, 800mah lipo, R114F reciver, S3110 servo on the alreron, and a S3108 servo on the elevator. The total weight in 13 7/8oz. I bough everything with my allowance. The reason I used the esc, battery and servos was because thats what I had left over from other projects.

And yes : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHPC0&P=0 is the one I have.

Thanks
Rsiaviation