PDA

View Full Version : Peter Rake ARFs

watt_the?!
11-20-2006, 09:36 PM
we are trying to set up these to be available as ARF but need to firm up demand.

Would anyone be interested in a pre order at less than retail prices?

estimates are under $100US.

the first model may be the fokker dviii.

we can take requests though.

hopefully we will have at least 6 planes available within a short timeframe dependent on demand.

Please let us know.

Cheers,

Tim

WWI Ace
11-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Will they be 4 channels? Steve.

Twmaster
11-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Tim, what other Rake designs are under consideration? Depending on the model I'd have interest.

Dereck
11-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Does Peter get a pat on the back or, better still, some royalties on this?

Or is this just another rip-off by the great Chinese rip-off industry?

ducatirdr
11-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I love WWI designs but don't have the time to build. The ARF's from Electrifly are selling out so I can see the demand for an ARF doing well in this space. Match it with a well know powerplant and ESC and you'll win a lot of people from the ARF market.

Tom

watt_the?!
11-27-2006, 12:26 AM
at first the dviii is being looked at...but funnily enough they are being difficult to deal with- wanting pre ordered lots in order to proceed.

we might go ahead with the minimum order, but i figured i would ask here first...

dereck, why the hate?...and implication of bad business practice?

man the amount of rips/rorts/copying/whining/backstabbing/crticising that goes on in RC you'd have thought that no one wouldve asked this question.

fyi we have spoke to pete about this...it has his blessing..i wouldnt post it unless it did and was sorted....btw.. it's none of your business what pete gets from it....im sure he'd be flattered that you are looking out for him though.

pete is a great guy and we have a great relationship and we are extremely trustworthy in business and due to that often get ripped off by the so called big players in RC.

so any implied suggestion to me is offensive.

now, back to the planes...i'd like to see the tripehound...

to all: please checkout pete's plan list and let me know what you'd like to see.

i still think we'll do the DVIII to start with though.

Cheers,

Tim

Tom- totally agree with you mate..thats why we think it might be a good idea- i bet someone reads this thread and steals it!

PS sorry for getting a bit narky....we've been the shafted so many times in RC at business and personal levels that it really gets my goat when it is suggested that we could be doing the same...even without intent.

Up&Away
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
The words "Peter Rake" and "ARF" just don't go together...;)

Personally, I'd be more interested in full precision laser cut kits.

Twmaster
11-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Tim,

Got a link to Pete's plans page? I'd like to have a look. As for the DVIII I'll pass.

--
Mike N

portablevcb
12-06-2006, 05:28 AM
"Personally, I'd be more interested in full precision laser cut kits."

www.manzanolaser.com

Mike,

Pete doesn't have a plans page anymore. I think he's been designing so fast he couldn't keep up. I can't even keep up with him :)

charlie

watt_the?!
12-06-2006, 07:43 AM
yep, goto charlie for the kits via US, we do them in Australia, if his deal is better we refer you to him.

this thread is purely to look at ARF consideration. Oh BTW this has been on Pete's mind for sometime.

fact is people dont build anymore and what a waste to not see these beauties at your local club, this gives an alternative entry point.

the ARFs will not be as cheap as the cut kits, and the builders will still go for the kit option no doubt.

So please dont see this as a replacement, rather another option to fly PR.

Cheers,

Tim

flyerjeff
01-05-2008, 11:48 PM
You can put me down for one. I am currently working on two of his designs, Russian Moska and the 1913 Eastbourne Monoplane two very nice and unique planes.
Yes I’ll take one!!!

PETERRAKE
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Tim,
It's ages since I've been on here. Really must remedy that - and get some building done.
No idea if this went anywhere but, since I haven't been inundated with royalties/samples, I assume not.
IIRC from the last time I spoke with Tim - yes, he phoned me from Australia - it was all proving too much hassle from the proposed manufacturers. Maybe I should start my own production line. Can't quite come to terms with film covered models though. Oh yes, and I don't work for two bob a month. The Aussies will probably understand that, our US cousins, probably not.
On the subject ot Tim's intentions, they are beyond question. When this started to flounder, he put me in touch with Dare, who now market some Rake models of their own. Thanks Tim.

Pete

Geoff
08-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Oh yes, and I don't work for two bob a month. The Aussies will probably understand that, our US cousins, probably not.

Pete
Oh? With all the British TV shows we get in the USA, there's not too much we haven't figured out - assuming we've paid attention. Oh, eh, errr... attention... yeah, you're right - we won't get it!:p>

Geoff

Bill G
08-26-2008, 05:22 AM
The words "Peter Rake" and "ARF" just don't go together...;)

Personally, I'd be more interested in full precision laser cut kits.Yes it's the fact that some of these designs aren't commercial moneymaking ARF types, that makes them such jems. I like going to the effort to build planes that others can't buy as ARF.