PDA

View Full Version : Now this is fun!

GallopingGhost
09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
:rolleyes: I have been enjoying my IFO for a while now and had to try a FF version. This is based on a IFO but not a full copy. The idea was to use only Craft store and Lowe's as the major supplier. A couple of 1/8 dowels for spars and some hot melt and about 3 hours later it was flying. It only needed about 2 cliks of down trim! I built it off center by 1/4 " and added a bit of right thrust to allow for torque and it worked out just right. I might add landing gear later but its a blast to do a full stop harrier landing as it is. The extra nose weight would be nice and probably improve flight in a bit of wind. So far its a very well spent $3.00:)

Twmaster
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Specs?

Joe Lang
09-18-2005, 11:32 PM
:rolleyes: I have been enjoying my IFO for a while now and had to try a FF version. This is based on a IFO but not a full copy. The idea was to use only Craft store and Lowe's as the major supplier. A couple of 1/8 dowels for spars and some hot melt and about 3 hours later it was flying. It only needed about 2 cliks of down trim! I built it off center by 1/4 " and added a bit of right thrust to allow for torque and it worked out just right. I might add landing gear later but its a blast to do a full stop harrier landing as it is. The extra nose weight would be nice and probably improve flight in a bit of wind. So far its a very well spent $3.00:)
Shades of Dave McDonald's pizza box Flyer (PBF). I've been thinking that it would be an easy conversion to electric and would be an extremely fast build 24" x 24" and a rudder. Probably no need for landing gear as the wet version Harriers easily. What are you using for motor, battery, and prop?

GallopingGhost
09-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Specs?
I'll have to measure it for you. It was pretty much planned around using one sheet of Dow Insta-plane availible at any Lowes.

GallopingGhost
09-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Shades of Dave McDonald's pizza box Flyer (PBF). I've been thinking that it would be an easy conversion to electric and would be an extremely fast build 24" x 24" and a rudder. Probably no need for landing gear as the wet version Harriers easily. What are you using for motor, battery, and prop?

This was a "leftover special" the prop and motor are from a Horizon E-FliteTribute. Its a geared 370 with a 12X6. I ended up using a old 8.4 600MAh Nicad pack just because it weighed enough to get what was the "glide test" balance. That ended up a bit tail heavy but it still flies pretty good. I'll end up beefing the frt up and putting gear on it just for the CG if nothing else. A GWS geared 400 would do nicely and would give it enough to hover on 11.1.:rolleyes: