PDA

View Full Version : Help me Build my Heli please

jermo
11-23-2006, 05:54 AM
ok.. we're on a budget. The plan is to use what I have and buy parts as I'm able to finish this by the time I'm ready for it. I'm currently just starting to do Figure 8's and nose-ins with my Blade CX. I'll probably be doing this for at least a week as I haven't hit the boredom wall yet and often end up AR to reset on my square.
too bad I can't find one to inherit

Starting gear..
I have a JR xf-622 with 4 regular servos (nes 507) and 6ch rx (R600),

Ok....One of Santa's Elves told me I am getting a T-RexXL HDE Kit with carrying case.

Needed to finish the kit:

Motor
ESC
Gyro
Battery
Charger
Training wheels ? (thought is to redo Radd lessions 1-10 with the new heli)
Rx - Not sure but mine may work
Servo's x4 or 5?

Timeframe is to be done around March/April or so.

all advice, opinions, and comments are welcome.

In the mean time I'll be steady with the BCX and get my skills up where I can hone them.

I did find a buyers guide on T-Rex Tuning http://www.trextuning.com/buyersguide.php but there are so many pros and cons that without experience I have no idea what I'll end up replacing.

My end goal is to have a stable and relaible Heli I can have fun with and eventually do mild aero stuff with but mostly just fly with skill.

jer

watt_the?!
12-02-2006, 09:44 PM
do you just want a reliable, yet affordable setup then?

if i send you a list of items to buy will it be followed by 100 questions on why?...(i ask this because you already have stated that you have visited TT and seen the list there and pros and cons- so it seems you just want a ''fixed list'').

if so, then i will reply with what i consider an economic and reliable setup.

Tim.

jermo
01-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the reply, I managed to ebay some things and almost have my Trex 450xl finished, Align motor and esc (3550kv/35g), HS65mg x3, 9650 on the tail with a GY401 gyro, picked up a Hextronics 3s 2250mAH 20c-30c cell x2, charger/balancer, and a used in new condition DX6. Not sure if you would have suggested differently or not but thank you anyway.
Jermo

darkside212
01-12-2007, 11:02 PM
That's a nice setup :D
except the dx6 :P jk

watt_the?!
01-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply, I managed to ebay some things and almost have my Trex 450xl finished, Align motor and esc (3550kv/35g), HS65mg x3, 9650 on the tail with a GY401 gyro, picked up a Hextronics 3s 2250mAH 20c-30c cell x2, charger/balancer, and a used in new condition DX6. Not sure if you would have suggested differently or not but thank you anyway.
Jermo

no that seems fine indeedy. hardly economical though?!...lol..

tim

jermo
01-13-2007, 01:34 AM
That's a nice setup :D
except the dx6 :P jk

ok..upgraded to the DX7 :)
jermo

darkside212
01-13-2007, 01:38 AM
haha....I guess everybody is

Mike_117
01-16-2007, 05:10 AM
I just ordered a 450XL CDE and a DX6.. I'm thinking of changing it to a 450S CF CDE if they will let me.. Why is there a push to get the DX7? I know it has 7 channel control, but if its just for the Trex... then why?

darkside212
01-16-2007, 03:04 PM
I think the difference is in the programming...
doesn't the DX6 only have a 3 point pitch curve, and the DX7 has a 5 point?

Mike_117
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm really new to this.. I'll have to research the pitch curve programming.

jermo
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I think the difference is in the programming...
doesn't the DX6 only have a 3 point pitch curve, and the DX7 has a 5 point?

correct.
Jermo

KRAKERJAK
01-17-2007, 01:31 AM
I will be building a Trex450S as soon as the LHS has them in stock again, within 1 week was the latest.
Would any one who is using the DX7 with their Trex450 please post their Tx settings to help me get off too a good start as I already have the DX7 and a G3.5 simulater and can use the TX linked to the sim to get in som training

Any advice will be appreciated

Doug

Pyrock
02-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Jermo,

You are too funny. This thread started out with a CX and a "budget". A few posts later, you got a nicely setup Trex with all the fixins and the budget went out the window! I cant tell you how many times this has happened to me. I started out with a budget and a Sabre. First to go was the budget and first to come was the TrexSE, followed by a Logo 10 3D, then a CX2 (for the rainy days). Now, 7 months later I still have all the helis and I can do basic aerobatics (figure 8's, loops, rolls, flips...) but the budget is still gone with no sign of returning any time soon.

jermo
04-23-2007, 04:56 AM
As an Update, it took me until Early Feb07 to finally get off the ground. A setup error resulted in a boom strike in late Jan07. I ended up with alot of metal upgrades on the XL to almost make it an SE.

Since that time I hover in all upright Orientations, do FFF, Circuits, flips, rolls, and am working inverted on the Sim.

Although I can hover in all orientations it's still a part of my practice.

I've expanded my fleet to 2 T-Rex 450SE's now and have plans to get the T-Rex 500 when it's released.

I'm having a blast and average 1-3 hours a day on the sim and 4 days a week flying/hovering as weather permits.
Jermo

Murdock1
04-26-2007, 12:03 AM
See...it's that whole budget concept that's got me worried. I started out with a CPP and have already spent (all together) enough to have a DX7 and at least a 450SA kit. But I needed somethin to fly and was as impatient as a little kid at Christmas. I'd spent about 6 weeks with G3.5 and was ready to start crash testin for real. Well here I am. I'm not even gonna kid myself about a 'budget' for my next bird.

Jermo you say you're gonna grab a 500 when they're out. From what I read that's a 43-45" rotorspan. That's a big jump up and it's the same thing I'm thinking about but for me it would be from my CPP with it's 20" rotorspan.

Are you really happy with your SE's? I really like the idea of that size just because it leaves open so many options of where to fly. I spend about 80% of my stick time on a concrete slab about 25' X 30' mostly because it's in my backyard and access is instant. That plus concrete makes concentrate real hard. I'm also REALLY wanting something I can make rock solid and stable in comparison to my CPP. I love the thing but it's still like having a humingbird on a leash.