PDA

View Full Version : Installation Instructions

adisessa
11-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Folks,

I purchased the Berg TSR Microstamp. I am new with electric planes etc..... I am having such a hard time trying to understand how to make the reciever work. Do you know any place where I can see a installation diagram??

I am using a brushless motor with Thurderbird 9 controller. I connect the servos, battery etc but can't make it work. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alex

Rugar
11-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Folks,

I purchased the Berg TSR Microstamp. I am new with electric planes etc..... I am having such a hard time trying to understand how to make the reciever work. Do you know any place where I can see a installation diagram??

I am using a brushless motor with Thurderbird 9 controller. I connect the servos, battery etc but can't make it work. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alex
Assuming you are just using one Aileron servo.
Channel #1 = Ailerons (Right side left and right stick on TX)
Channel #2 = Elevator (Right side up and down stick on TX)
Channel #3 = ESC (Throttle) (Left side up and down stick on TX)
Channel #4 = Rudder (Left side left and right stick on TX)

Unless your plane does not have ailerons. Then it would be:
Channel #1 = Rudder (Right side left and right stick on TX)
Channel #2 = Elevator (Right side up and down stick on TX)
Channel #3 = ESC (Throttle) (Left side up and down stick on TX)
Channel #4 = nothing (Left side left and right stick on TX)

Joe Ford
11-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Alex,

If it's a CC Berg Microstamp, make sure when looking down at the top of the receiver (side w/ch.1 & 2) that channel 3 is below channel 1 and channel 4 is below channel 2. You have to plug in all the signal lines (orange on our controllers) toward the center pins...or another way of looking at it, all black wires to the outside pins. If you've followed the color coding on the label you should be good to go. Let me know if you are still having problems and I'll be more than happy to help.

http://www.castlecreations.com/images/product-berg_ms4l.jpg

jb48
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
:confused: Hi,
I am building a very light small plane using a brand new Himaxx 2208-0870 outrunner that I won in a draw. This motor came to me with already installed small 3 pin connector: blue wire soldered to the «lonely» pin, red wire to the next pin and black wire soldered to the last pin.

I bought Deans micro connectors, but they have 4 pins, one «lonely» and 3 in a succession. Ignoring the 4th pin, the female Deans connector fit well in the motor male connector. What is the use for the Deans`4 th pin?

I also bought a Thunderbird 9 ESC. Now, the wiring of the motor side of the ESC is: red, white, black wires. Can these 4 pin micro Deans be used with the Thunderbird 9? If yes, do I solder the red or the black ESC wire to the «lonely» connector pin? Very confusing to me since it`s my first try at such tiny electronics. Thanks in advance for your helping answer.

Joe Ford
03-01-2007, 02:50 AM
jb48...you bought 4 pin connectors usually used for wiring wing servos up to a common plug. ;) You can use the connectors to wire the motor to ESC but I just solder directly. If it turns in the wrong direction you can either unsolder and swap any two wires and re-solder, or change rotation direction in the software.

jb48
03-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the explanation Joe. I soldered 3 matching pins and cut the 4th. It works.

ragbag
03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Alex,

If it's a CC Berg Microstamp, make sure when looking down at the top of the receiver (side w/ch.1 & 2) that channel 3 is below channel 1 and channel 4 is below channel 2. You have to plug in all the signal lines (orange on our controllers) toward the center pins...or another way of looking at it, all black wires to the outside pins. If you've followed the color coding on the label you should be good to go. Let me know if you are still having problems and I'll be more than happy to help.

http://www.castlecreations.com/images/product-berg_ms4l.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the "black out". I have never noticed that with all the Bergs that I use. :eek:

.................................................. ..............