PDA

View Full Version : Army Dad

Army Dad
11-27-2006, 02:34 AM
My name is Kelly-Jo I am Army Dad's youngest daughter. My mother has asked me to let you all know that on November 12th my father suffered a major stroke. He was taken to a hospital out of state for treatment. He returned home yesterday and is doing ok, how complete his recovery will be is still unknown. I just spent almost two hours reading some of your posts to my dad. I will keep you advised as to dads recovery progress. I know that he misses flying and talking with you all very much. Thank You All very Much. Kelly-Jo

smc331
11-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Kelly-Jo,

Please keep us posted - best wishes (and prayers) for a speedy, complete recovery!

Keep reading the posts to him and let him know his extended family cares very much!

Scott

firemanbill
11-27-2006, 02:43 AM
Kelly-Jo I am so sorry to hear that.

My prayers will be with your family and your Dad and his recovery.

Don Sims
11-27-2006, 02:48 AM
Thanks for letting us know this Kelly-Jo. You're dad's a valued member here and we hope you folks get him back in the air soon. Rumor has it that flying a Slowstick is excellent stroke therapy. ;)

Especially if it's brand new, assembled by a daughter, and with a lipo brushless system.

aircruiser
11-27-2006, 03:53 AM
Hope all goes well Kelly-Jo!

Sorry to hear the news, hope all goes well and he gets better soon!

Grasshopper
11-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Hi Kelly Jo,

Thanks so much for posting and letting us know about your Dad. I am really sorry to hear about the stroke. I know exactly what you are going through as my father suffered a major stoke 3 years ago at the age of 73. It was a very tough time for our family as our Father was always the pillar.

Good news is that stoke patients can heal. Through a lot of therapy, love, support and prayers, our Father is still going strong at 76. Although he's not back to 100%, his recovery has been remarkable.

Tell your Father all of us are praying for him and are anxious to have him back with us soon. As Don said above, I think a new plane...or two...or three would do wonders for him. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Tom

EpoweredRc
11-27-2006, 04:01 AM
wow thanks for letting us all know, I am so sorry to hear about this, I hope he will recover fully very soon, I know its hard this time of year. we will be thinking about him, keep us posted.

SilberIgel
11-27-2006, 04:07 AM
Kelly-Jo,

Your father is strong.... more than that, he is Army Strong!!!!

Best wishes on a speedy and full recovery, Army Dad!!

SilberIgel
11-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Bump!

Twizter68
11-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Prayers going out for your Da and your family....best wishes also.

adhoc
11-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Army Dad, Kelly-Jo, and family... Hang in there! We'll keep you in our thoughts... along with the brave men and women fighting overseas... :)

Kosh
11-27-2006, 10:50 PM
To Army Dad family:

My very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Army Dad is well liked on the forums for his insightful posts and I hope he will be back to full speed soon. Please give him our very best wishes from the whole Wattflyer community for a fast recovery. Thanks Kelly-Jo for taking the time to let us know.

up_ya_go
11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Hello there Kelly-Jo .... I would like just to add a little hello and get well to your Dad from Australia .
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and best thoughts to you and the family.
The ideas of a model or two during his recovery ... sounds a great idea .... infact it occurs to me that there is some fab little helicopters that I have been reading about .... that can and are flown indoors ... just a thought!
All the best, take care
Ray

Army Dad
12-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Dad wanted me to wish all of his friends here WattFlyer the happiest of Holidays. Dad's recovery is going very well he has regained almost all of his upper body functions (arms,hands etc,) his legs however are not showing much progress so for the time being he is confined to a wheel chair but this isnt slowing him down. We took him out to the local club field yesterday and he got one of the guys to put him on a buddy box and it wasnt pretty dad will have to learn to fly all over again, but he is looking forward to it. Well thats is just a quick up date I'll keep you all posted Happy Holidays to all from Army Dad and Kelly-Jo.

Don Sims
12-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the update and please wish him a MERRY CHRISTMAS from the folks here at WF! Glad to read that he's getting back in the air again!

smc331
12-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Kelly-Jo,

The prayers and warm wishes continue...glad to hear he's making progress. Please continue to check in with updates. Merry Christmas to you and yours.:)

SilberIgel
12-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Merry Christmas back to ya!!!!!

Glad to hear recovery is progressing well. Don't worry about flying with a buddy box!!!! We've got guys who have never gotten off them and they have been flying for several years!!!

Perservere!!!!

Cheers and Hooooha!!!!!

firemanbill
12-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Good news indeed! Glad to hear is recovering well. Our continued prayers will be with him and your family.

Merry Christmas!:D

up_ya_go
01-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Really glad to read of the good progress Kelly-Jo.
All the best again , take care
Ray

Twizter68
01-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Continued prayers for his recovery!