PDA

View Full Version : Augered Electrifly Corsair

Tireshred
11-27-2006, 06:53 PM
On launch into a 5mph wind, it nosed over, which is weird, the Corsair ALWAYS rose briskly at launch. The only thing I can think of is the battery was a bit forward, I'll just chalk it up to a learning experience and check CG before every flight now (I didn't check, I just installed a new wing and hadn't marked it:D ). It did make a neat smacking noise on impact though! It's repairable I suppose, but I have a NIB and will be installing the electrics in it this week. I'll probably glue it back together for a "spare" at some point. I'm not having the best of luck with the F4U, it's the 2nd crash, after the first one it looked like cow flop, but flew nice, it'll look worse now for sure.

Don Sims
11-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Ouch, You sure you didn't accidently reverse a servo on the rebuild?

Tireshred
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
That's what I thought at first, I accidentally reversed the elevator on an old gas plane once, but I'm using the Hitech Neon, you have to disassemble the radio to reverse anything. I made many flights since the rebuild and I checked it over after the crash, all was right. Probably just something stupid I did.

Don Sims
11-28-2006, 01:13 AM
I hear you! For some reason my planes dumbthumb in all the time!

Tireshred
11-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I feel kind of silly, but as I stripped the electrics last night, I looked and pondered and thought, well, if I just make a support here, glue this in first, attach this last and reinforce with glue, it might still fly. Long story short, I stayed up too late and flew it this morning, it flies great, looks like Frankenstien's monster, but flies great! Now I can try all those manuevers that might get away from me and "damage" the plane. When I get better at flying it I'll build the new one.