PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird 18 Help Please.

alienx
11-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Sorry for the link. I wasn't aware of this forum and I don't want to double post ...but I really could use some help. Thanks!! Andy

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=122016&posted=1#post122016

vax6335
11-28-2006, 02:42 AM
I have about 5 Thunderbird 18's, I think they are just great, affordable esc's. However I have noticed that they have a tendency to break at the solder that holds the servo lead to the esc. I had that happen to my GWS Corsair. Flexing caused the servo lead wires to break off the circuit board, causing an intermittent throttle. I'd check yours.
Now I always wrap a bit of tape around the battery and servo lead right next to the shrinkwrap, just to give the wires a little buffer against flexing and breaking.

alienx
11-28-2006, 02:45 AM
That's great. You know, the more I think about it, I think I may have given the clue in my post. I think this is the ESC that was in my downed P51. And what you are saying seems exactly like what the motor is doing. I am going to see if I have another one to swap out with and then I can check the current one (or maybe just check the current one!). Thanks for the insight.