PDA

View Full Version : Back In The Saddle Again!

bajajrider
11-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to watt flyer, excellent advice from everybody. Well after a few years away from models i got back into it, i started flying 3d foamys and sport electric planes, ''converted over to the dark side" as my dad says,he's always flown glow planes. So after crushing one of my foamys into the pavement(radio interference, i swear) i decided to go for a glider.Since we started with gliders about 15 years ago i knew i wanted a floater,but i've never used a high start or a winch before,we had always used a .049 on a pod, so an electric sounded like a good plan. After reading through a whole bunch of threads and reviews i chose the easy glider electric. All i have to say is that this is one of the best glider's i have flown, i'm impressed that the little motor can take it up fairly quick. i've been getting about 5 climbs to soaring height on a 1100mah pack.the other day i took my dad with me and let him fly it, he hasnt flown anything for about 6-7 years, he got right back into it, even landing. so the fifth flight i was climbing and saw a hawk and killed the motor and followed it into a decent thermal that almost specked out the easy. so far this in my opinion is a very eccellent glider for the money and time to build it, it thermals as good as our polyhedral gliders did and has an eccellent glide ratio. if the motor doesnt last long i'm going for brushless for better climb speeds. i havent soared in a long time and this plane has me wanting to get rid of everything else and just fly gliders, so thanks to everybody for all the good info, mostly AEAJR for all the posts on the easy glider.
sorry for the long post, i'm just very happy with this plane.

Don Sims
11-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Welcome to WF baja! It is a great glider which can take a lot of abuse. Glad t read you're getting your dad back in the hobby!

Sky Sharkster
11-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Hello Baja, Welcome to Wattflyer! Glad to hear you're flying gliders again, they're addictive! Jason, Ed, Tim Hooper and I have posted some threads here with sources for ARFs and kit gliders when you're ready to try another model.
Say...isn't Christmas coming up? And you and your Dad will be making a list? Let's see....What could you get him?....
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5256
Thermals!
Ron

Jason T
11-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Hi Baja, welcome to Wattflyer! There is a lot of great info here.