PDA

View Full Version : My tree has Watts !

skychaser
11-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi everyone ! Since I am new here, I might as well start in the right forum lol.
I got a new Wattage Sport Bipe today and it's now in a BIG maple tree ! Theres 40 clear acres next to me , but the wind, you know :( The Bipe is kinda light and the wind picks up and I'm headed for the tree. I cut throttle ,big mistake, full left rudder. It doesn't turn.
I think that if I hadn't cut the throttle that it would have flown where I wanted it to.When I get the plane down tommorrow, I will be going to full throw on rudder. I took my shark fishing pole with 30lb line and 5 ounce washer and after an hour, I manages too get it over the limb. I shook and shook. Nothing. I think a limb is in the middle of the space for the wings.
Hopefully it falls out tonight or the chainsaw is coming out tommorrow :)

firemanbill
12-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey Skychaser welcome to WF!

Sorry to hear about your Bipe though:( Are you in the path of this big storm moving across the country? If so hopefully you canget her down before it get's too bad

skychaser
12-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey Skychaser welcome to WF!

Sorry to hear about your Bipe though:( Are you in the path of this big storm moving across the country? If so hopefully you canget her down before it get's too bad
Bill,
Yep, I'm in the path, I am going to get the chainsaw out in the morning if the wind doesn't blow it out tonight. I'm going to slowly cut about 1/2 way thru the limb and hope the limb slowly comes down. I hope :)
nice meeting you

firemanbill
12-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Well best of luck to you! Stay warm:)

Nice meeting you too!

skychaser
12-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Pffftttttt ! well I had a plan, but the limb came crashing down ! came wihin inches of knocking me off a 32 foot ladder , whew. Luckily the plane was slightly to the left of the crash. I did have to order replacement wings, there were cracked slightly. The only damage :) Thank goodness.

firemanbill
12-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Well at least you got it back and you weren't hurt! We had a firefighter here not too long ago get knocked out of tree trimming it up at his home. Broke his arm in 17 places! He has all kinds of pins screws and rods in his arm now. We call him the six million dollar man now!

Anyway... glad all is well, and the plane can be fixed.