PDA

View Full Version : Wattage Cessna 180 R.I.P

Faspro
09-20-2005, 05:47 PM
This little plane has been flying great until last Sat. Threw it out there,was going alright, started a slow right turn, and it took an arcing left nose dive. Cracked the fuse in half. I ended up putting the radio in another Wing Dragon I just bought for $75 at a LHS on clearance.

Twmaster
09-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Bummer. The 180 is a nice looking bird. The Wing Dragon is an OK plane too. Good idea using your radio as the one that come in those are creepy.

Faspro
09-20-2005, 06:12 PM
The 180 is small and quick, as a trainer it doesn't float to well. I just started out and bought a Wing Dragon and the 180. I have flown the 180 10 times without a problem, loops, even inverted, I don't know what happened to it to make it nose over the way it did. As for the Wing Dragon, my first one the esc was crap from the start. I put a Jeti esc and a Hi-tech radio in and it flys great. The new WD I got had a bad crystal I think. It was one of the older ones with the cream colored transmitter in it, with cheap servos. I switched that one over to. It is a great flying plane, very forgiving. I bought my father the other WD to get him back into the sport. He flew gas in the 70's, Kadets, Kougars.