PDA

View Full Version : Looking for independent Battery Tester!

2dogrc
09-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Hey Guys!
I am carrying a great new line of Batteries. They are Called Xpower and produced by Dualsky. I have been selling this batteries locally with many return customers. They are rated at 10-12C with a burst of 16C. I was looking for someone that has experience and runs many different types of batteries to give one a test and a review! The batteries include a balancing tap, and a 3S balancer is only $19.99.

What I need is someone that runs a larger plane or helicopter, requiring a 1700 or 2250 size pack. I have many customers running the 1050 and 620 packs and they love them!

This batteries poses a strange power! When you use them you forget words like Thunder, Tanic, E-Tec and yu end to have more money in your pocket at the end of the day!

Drop me a note here or pm for details.

RC-Tester
09-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Hey Guys!
I am carrying a great new line of Batteries. They are Called Xpower and produced by Dualsky. I have been selling this batteries locally with many return customers. They are rated at 10-12C with a burst of 16C. I was looking for someone that has experience and runs many different types of batteries to give one a test and a review!

I can include them in the TP2100 / Kokam2100 head-to-head test here (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418260) if you are up to the challenge!

Rod

2dogrc
09-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey Rod,
That sounds like a challenge! Email me he specifics.
Xpowers are Ready for the Guantlet!

RC-Tester
09-21-2005, 12:42 AM
That sounds like a challenge! Email me he specifics.
Xpowers are Ready for the Guantlet!

... and the challenge is met!

Be advance warned that this will be an aggressive test to the death with the death throws being published publicly (not for the faint-hearted). Testing will only stop after failure in cyclic conditions - no mercy for good behaviour will be shown.

And I'll drop you an email.

Rod

RC-Tester
09-22-2005, 02:59 PM
..... and it's all gone very quiet!

2dogrc
09-23-2005, 06:01 AM
I am ordering more batteries! I have many stores set up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area carring my batteries, and I don;t want to run out!

I am also monitoring your thread to see the response of the Forums.

dhamilton
09-27-2005, 05:31 AM
2dogrc,

AFAIK, RC-Tester is a skilled, objective tester. If your packs are that good, the test results will sell thousands. There are a couple of red-hot threads on RC Groups, and RC-Tester's results get attention. Even the manufacturers pitch in with their howls of pain, but I still have not seen a solid refutation of RC-T's results.

RC-Tester,

I would like to see more attention to Internal Resistance in your tests. I know that temperatures show much of the same information, but MotoCalc needs a good internal resistance value to produce accurate results. MotoCalc results for LiPo cells are way off, because the program still has Gen1 values. I found that putting the correct internal resistance for my cells into MotoCalc immediately squared the predictions with my measurements. Please help us out.

I know that ir is a function of temperature and battery charge state, but a chart of ir vs. mAh under non-destructive flying conditions would be very useful.

Regards to both,

David

2dogrc
09-27-2005, 06:21 AM
I ran out of the 2s2250..I guessed wrong on the demand. I have some coming next week and am shipping two off to him to test!!!

That was exactely what I was looking for. Unbiased tester that knows what he is talking about! I also have some sport flyers with some packs out there to get a regular fliers opinions.

Look for the results shortly!
:)

RC-Tester
09-27-2005, 07:58 AM
AFAIK, RC-Tester is a skilled, objective tester. If your packs are that good, the test results will sell thousands. There are a couple of red-hot threads on RC Groups, and RC-Tester's results get attention. Even the manufacturers pitch in with their howls of pain, but I still have not seen a solid refutation of RC-T's results.
Why thank you David - we are trying to control the tests!
I would like to see more attention to Internal Resistance in your tests. I know that temperatures show much of the same information, but MotoCalc needs a good internal resistance value to produce accurate results. MotoCalc results for LiPo cells are way off, because the program still has Gen1 values. I found that putting the correct internal resistance for my cells into MotoCalc immediately squared the predictions with my measurements. Please help us out.
Yep - we have always been planning to make these IR measurements. What we have been deciding is how best to make them and under what conditions. For example for MotoCalc you want the sum of the lead and battery resistance in order to be able to predict the voltage at the motor; this means measurements across the battery connector. For tracking the change in internal state of the battery pack we want only the battery IR; this means measurements across the cell tabs.
The measurements of IR will be implemented at the same time as the "B" series tests start.

Rod

hoppy
10-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Rod,
How about also posting the results on this forum? It's new and gaining members rapidly, and the moderator is a battery expert.
hoppy

RC-Tester
10-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Rod,
How about also posting the results on this forum? It's new and gaining members rapidly, and the moderator is a battery expert.
hoppy
Not a problem Hoppy - once phase 1 is complete they could benefit from Red's comments!

Rod

admin
10-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Rod,

I'm looking forward to your results being posted here and some commentary from Red. If you need any help uploading any of the info just let me know (large files, formatting, etc). Also if you want to publish it not only as a thread in the forums but as a fully formatted article or something I can help facilitate that.

RC-Tester
10-02-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm looking forward to your results being posted here and some commentary from Red. If you need any help uploading any of the info just let me know (large files, formatting, etc). Also if you want to publish it not only as a thread in the forums but as a fully formatted article or something I can help facilitate that.
Thanks for the nice offer Mark, I would like the source data to be available to everyone as that way new information can then be directly compared. I will definitely need assistance with the source data storage due to the size of the spreadsheets!

I'll consider the article after Red has had a good say on the measurements and data; after all I'm not perfect!

Rod

Red Scholefield
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Standing by to review your results. Contact me back channel if you need to.

red@rcbatteryclinic.com

cadconversions
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a great head-to-head comparision.