PDA

View Full Version : ESC makes noise advise on other brand

Epowerreg
12-05-2006, 04:16 AM
I have a CC phoenix 80 amp. When the prop folds on hard brake which i need it makes a sound like banging on a block of wood. The jeti and hyperion sounded better but the jeti takes a full second longer to fold and the hyperion has failed programming problems. Any one know of a ESC that sounds normal but folds a prop faster than a Jeti?

Jason T
12-05-2006, 10:59 AM
It might be the CC80 brake is harder causing the blades to slap against the fuse when they fold. That is what happens on my F5B model.

cyclops2
03-17-2007, 01:56 AM
You can tell if it is the prop. Do the same stop with no prop ?:)

kkens4
03-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Set the brake for a softer stop.
I know the CC125 can be adjusted with the USB cable and your computer.
I don't know about the CC80.

Call CC if no one chimes in on how and what to do.
I've never done it because I've been happy with the brake setting on my F5B ships. I don't use the hard brake setting because I don't want to rip my motor out.The CC hard brake is scarry!

LEstingoy
05-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Sounds like you might need to reduce the brake strength a bit. That's the cool thing about our controllers, you can make all sorts of adjustments to their operation to suit your application. Most flyers can get away with our standard settings. High power sailplanes need a bit of tweaking at times.

If you have access to a Castle Link it will take about 30 seconds to make the change. If not, you can use the stick programming described in the manual.

Either way, this is an easy issue to solve.

Lee