PDA

View Full Version : RC Smart- any experience with them?

Twizter68
12-08-2006, 03:24 AM
Has anyone done business with RC Smart, found them on Ebay, with good reps there, but UH has good rep there, and bad rep everywhere else. Would like to know, before I part with my dough!

nbrud
12-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Not a good experience with them. I did buy a lipo 4000 from them. Asked about the discharge rate. They said, "factory didn't supply". I took a chance. Battery is virtually useless. I clocked it about 7C.
Then I bought a 4 cell lipo, figuring I did not need a rapid discharge for my needs with that one. Battery quit totally after 15 seconds. Took three months to resolve. Sent it back at my expense as per their instructions. Took that long to get replacement.
And guess what...replacement did the same thing. Not going to even bother going through that again. Took the shrink wrap off. Looks like they used some sort of fusible link which melted. I resoldered in two places. Now I use it for setups. Pretty worthless.
The man at the other end seems nice via E mail, but when push comes to shove he absolutely plays dumb, and is disorganized.
Bottom line...I will now pay a little more and buy the lipos here in the states. Pay more, but less hassle.

CHELLIE
12-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi Tw1zter68, RC Smart does not seem to lable there product very well, i Bought a 2400 outrunner motor from them and the info on the motor was not correct, the motor works ok but i just dont know what the KV is on this motor, they advertize it as a 2400 KV at 15 amps, but that is not correct, I dont think they know very much about the products they are selling, other people have tried to contact them, and are meet with someone who knows very little english, here is a great place to purchase Quality electric hobby items at a very good price, Nitroplanes.com
dont let the name fool you they also sell electrics there too, they ship fast too, shipping is very resonable.

srrobinson2
01-19-2007, 01:18 AM
I was suckered into going outside of eBay by RC Smart to save the eBay commisions (I know---dumb mistake!!). When I got the helicopter (after 2 weeks of delays before shipment from Hong Kong), the main rotor would not rotate. I asked for a new receiver, and was sent one. The new receiver corrected the problem, but the gyro failed. I then asked for a replacement gyro and was told one shipped. Weeks passed, and no gyro appeared. After multiple conversations with RC Smart, I decided they were not going to ship the replacement gyro, so I asked to return the entire unit plus defective parts. They agreed and promised to refund my money upone receipt of the merchandise. I returned the helicopter and all parts per their instructions on 10/30/2006. I shipped USPS Globabl Priority Mail (4-6 days).

I have sent multiple emails to RC Smart inquiring about my refund since that time without any response. They sell faulty merchandise and are definately not trustworthy. I feel real dumb for (a) going outside eBay; (b) not returning the merchandise sooner to stay within PayPal's 45 day protection window; and (c) returning the merchandise and expecting a refund.

Obviously, I learned a lesson and won't be repeating these mistakes. If anyone on this forum can learn from my dumb mistakes and avoid similar ones, then some good can come out of my misfortune.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM RC SMART

TheOldGuy
01-29-2007, 04:05 PM
I stay away from unknows like RC Smart and especially Communist Chinese products as much as possible. They seem to control the market, but don't care anything about their customers.
Think about their name...if your stupid enough to buy from them, they're SMART enough to sell to you and after that, you pretty much on your own.

Rcozstyle
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I Have a friend who is chinese and lives in hk, and even she says to be careful dealing with some of the chinese companies, I was in hk a year ago and tried to find some of these companies, and guess what.

Even with her local knowledge we were unable to find alot of them, dead ends most of the leads. I wasted time and dollars looking for them. Paying a little extra to deal local is sometimes the cheapest option. The big plus is that you have a company in your area/ country to talk to if things go wrong.

skiman762
03-06-2007, 11:43 PM
It's like this you can pay me now or you can pay me later
I'm learning that you get what you pay for in this hobby
there are some good lower priced stuff out there but dollar for dollar
most cases more money is more product you just have to do your homework
Now you still need to shop price there are lots of good deals on the better products
I guess over the years I've learned spend alittle more one time then be sorry and end up buying again

WingTips24
03-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Hey Twiz,

I got a couple of 4s packs from them too about a year ago and I agree with the above posting they are somewhere in the 7C range so that did not hold up to any type of abuse at all. Now the one good thing I will say about them is that if you were buying a plane like an easy star and took one of the 2s packs and ran it on a low amp drawing motor (7-15apms on their 4000mah) you can fly forever as in over an hour. I ended up unslodering the "12" yes 12 cells they use to make up (1) 4000mah 4s packs and made smaller packs which worked well for low amp setups. I got lots of packs for a relatively cheap price. But that came after learning that they would not work for the intended application. On another note the guy who is running the operation writes terrible english so trying to get what you are saying and what you want accross to him is difficult at best. I would stay away.

Tips